Customer reviews

Size: 37 EU|Colour: Green - Grün (Olive green 0296)|Change
Price:£79.79

on 7 February 2013
I've tried so many pairs of Hunter wellies and always had an issue with them being a little uncomfortable, they gaped around the ankle but fitted elsewhere which resulted in 'slipping'. they certainly couldn't be worn on long walks.

After trying numerous styles I decided to give Le Chameau a go (apparently 'daaaahhhling' proper country folk wear Le Chameau not your usual fashion brands!!!). Well I can see why. They're warmer, more flexible and more comfortable. I walked a far way in these on a very cold day and although I could have done with slightly warmer socks I didn't need "welly socks" that are super thick. these boots have a comfortable lining.

They are more fitted than other wellington boots but because the rubber is so flexible they almost pull on like a sock rather than a stiff boot, which also adds to their comfort I think. It does take some getting used to though, at first you feel as though they are going to be too tight as you're pulling them on......I wore them with skinny jeans, I don't think you could put walking trousers or any baggier trousers inside them without some tricky manouvering.

Great boots; although it has been suggested that if you have the money the neoprene ones are even better.... personally I thought this was a good price for these boots and they do the job.
Would definitely recommend them.
on 10 January 2013
Great wellies. Have tried Hunters before and they didnt last long. These are so comfortable and dont rub anywhere. I wear them a lot - with 2 or 3 dog walks a day plus helping out at the yard where my horse is - I need comfort and durability. Have had my Le Chameau for a while now and am very pleased with them.
on 9 December 2013
These boots are very comfortable and I love them. I did not give the full 5 stars because the ankles are very narrow and, although they fit me perfectly, I would have liked to wear two pairs of socks with them, but the narrowness of the ankles make this difficult. Still a good product though.
on 25 February 2014
So glad I purchased these boots..great for walking in,riding my horse and mucking out..Perfect fit,really warm unlike other wellies i've
worn.So much better than Hunters.Sorry Hunters but i've been wearing them for years and the last pair just did'nt last very long.Now that i've discovered Le Chameau I will keep on buying them.Great boots.
on 2 January 2015
Really nice comfortable light weight boot. Will continue to buy these now. I used to by hunter wellies and the quality of those is terrible now. If you like the hunter shape and fit, these are virtually the same, but much much better quality :D
on 23 January 2013
Boots arrived in good time, just right for long dog walks in the snow. Keep my feet warm and dry, the treads keep my feet from sliding about. All in all a very good buy.
on 11 April 2012
I received the boots in less than 24 hours after purchasing them online. The boots are very comfortable and a great shape for a ladies leg, I'm delighted with the boots and service. Thank you.
on 6 September 2014
Bought for my better half, she's very happy with them up to now time will tell and I'll update their longevity, after being let down by her hunters which have become nothing more than a fashion brand in our experience now these seemed to be the best around very well made and all day comfortable hopefully they last as expensive boots should unlike hunters of late.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 January 2014
Fast delivery, well packaged, arrived boxed with guarantee. These boots are amazing, so comfortable, soft rubber, warm soft checked lining. I have worn these boots every day for weeks now and they are the best boots I have ever had. I have had lots including Hunters that did last 4 years but started to crack badly and let water in. After reading more recent reviews regarding Hunters which were quite bad, I decided on these. The boots fit better in the foot, have better grips and the shape up the leg is very flattering. I cannot recommend them highly enough, buy with confidence, you wont be disappointed, I'm really pleased with mine.
33 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 November 2013
Excellent quality boots, had a size bigger so I could fit thick socks for really cold days. Really comfortable and would definitely recommend it your looking for every day use.

See one answered question