Customer reviews

I bought these when I turned 'Dairy Free' and was looking for a tasty snack to have as an occasion treat.

They looked good quality and they smelt 'OK'. When I took my first bite I didn't expect a major explosion of fine taste but I did have a certain amount of expectations. Taste = 6/10.

They tasted reasonably nice and were slightly dry. My girlfriend (now wife) did not like them and refused to eat any more, however I continued to eat them and finished the whole pack (not all in one day!).

I would not buy these again I'm affraid.

Verdict: 6/10
on 9 January 2014
The chocolate chip shortbread biscuits were pretty pricey for what they were. Each biscuit is rather thin, and has a very dry texture.
I am currently on a dairy, egg, gluten free diet, and was looking forward to these biscuits as a treat. I obviously didn't read the info carefully, because they have soya flour in and soya lecithin. Major flaw, as 50% of people who can't eat dairy can't eat soya products too.

So although these biscuits are good for many people with allergies or intolerances to certain foods, no good for many others.
on 4 February 2013
Loved these shortbread as recently I've been stirring away from too much dairy and wheat so good little treat. Strangely though the picture shows chocolate chip but this is my second time ordering and I always get the plain shortbread. I don't really mind though- still love them
on 6 July 2016
I love these biscuits. I am Gluten Free and Dairy Free and have tried many of the Supermarket own brand biscuits. These genuinely taste like shortbread and not just normal biscuits or cookies. They are a little drier than typical shortbread, but what would one expect when they don't contain gluten, dairy or egg?! I think they taste great providing all those ingredients aren't included. Definitely give these a whirl, you will not be disappointed!!
on 26 August 2014
I personally don't like these at all. They looked good in the packet but I found them pretty tasteless and uninspiring. I'm on a gluten free/wheat free diet & hoped that these would be a nice addition to the range of foods I can eat. Unfortunately they didn't deliver the taste I'd hoped for, probably because they are dairy free & lack the lovely flavour of butter that a shortbread should taste of.
on 15 March 2014
The only real plus is that these are gluten-free but what is the point in making a gluten-free snack if it does not taste anything like the original? Very dry and difficult to eat with taste of anything but a shortbread. Ended up throwing 2 away as they just stood in the cupboard until the expiry date.
on 26 January 2014
I frequently find that free from foods are far too sugary for my taste. Unfortunately that's the case with these biscuits. That said I do like this brand's (Lazy Day) chocolate tiffin. I think in that treat, the cocoa offsets the sweetness.
on 6 December 2015