Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Drake Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 November 2012
I read this as it was highly recommended on the book-a-day calendar on my desk (which has suggested several good books over the last couple of years).

This was well outside my usual reading range.

Not sure how to describe it - literary romance?

Technically it was well written but the story was just too unbelievable for me.

Young middle-aged gardening business owner (Laura Rider) married to hunk decides (a) to never have sex again with said hunk and (b) to organise the friendship (and later sexual relationship) between said hunk and a peri-menopausal, intellectual radio personality who moves into their small town.

WTF?

And then, to make matters worse, in some odd plot convulsion Laura wants to write a romance novel. Near the end she's actually at a writer's convention learning how to write.

I really, really dislike it when writers write about writers. Come on! Make the effort and research other occupations!!

This book was mercifully short (it's a small book and only just over 200 pages). It was irritating, silly, and a waste of time.

I admit I am probably not in the author's target audience but, even so, this was poor. I've never read anything else by her, and have no plans to do so.

1/10