- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
The Last Waltz  [DVD]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Martin Scorsese's 1978 documentary chronicling the farewell concert by The Band, featuring guest appearances from, among others, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Neil Diamond and Joni Mitchell. The performance took place at San Francisco's Winterland Ballroom on Thanksgiving Day, 1976, and marked the end of the group's 16 years of touring. The film also includes interview footage with all five members in which they discuss their experiences on the road.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
It is a quiet and reflective retrospective on their music, era, lives and influences, with no footage archive but only words, songs and friends.
Maybe the direction is a little too rational and cold, typical of Scorsese style, but to me it was a big emotion even when I first watch it and did not know anything about those guys, but immediately fell in love with their style and class. That of guys who can play great music and still maintain a discretion and a low-key attitude that unfortunately would not belong anymore to the music generations of the following 40 years.
Unmissable moments: Dr John playing Such a NIght, Eric Clapton Further on up the road, the best cover of The Weight ever done (with Staples Singers) and Paul Butterfield's version of Mystery train. Plus the emotional final songs, with all the artists and friends together on stage. The Blu ray is very good and so are the extras