on 1 July 2013
Seems to me that this book could be a couple of hundred pages shorter, without losing anything of substance. Not a bad plot, but moves very slowly due to the author's insertion of overlong passages of flashbacks, character analysis and profiling.
This would be OK early in the book but found myself bored with it later, and skipping bits to follow the plot. Due to this I was relieved to have finished it. Don't think I'll bother with the rest of the trilogy.
on 21 June 2013
This was another outing for Jack McClure and Alli Carson. I loved the first book in this series and it was a hard act to follow. This just about fits the bill although not as good as the first.
I've read some very negative reviews about this book but I've also read some books that were much, much worse.
This is well-written, fun to read and has just enough intrigue to keep you interested.
on 16 May 2013
I read a lot, but I found myself struggling with this and really wishing it was over. There were far too many characters, particularly the Russian ones, too many names to keep track of. I found myself constantly having to flick back a page or two in order to remind myself whether a particular character was a baddie or not, and I found the whole relationship between hero and the Presidents daughter rather ludicrous. In no way is this top notch spy literature but it would pass a rainy day.
on 2 March 2014
This book is tedious and cliche'ed? The plot is ridiculous and the characters are utterly unbelievable. I have no interest in finding out what happens to them at all. I will not be reading more books from this author. It is useful from time to time to read a poor novel as it enhances the enjoyment of reading better quality alternatives.
on 24 December 2013
Eric continues with his hero Jack McClure and the twists and turns in the book (we can trust no-one except Jack!) are reminiscent of the way that Eric took over the Bourne series. He is a master.
on 2 October 2014
A good political thriller from a great author. Twists and turns all along the way which can make it a little hard to follow but well worth it in the end.
on 15 November 2015
I really enjoyed reading the 3 books in this series. Jason Bourne is one of my favourite subjects.
on 25 August 2014
Good story line, good characters, easy reading. To get the best and understand the characters, reading First daughter before this is a benefit. Kept my interest.
on 21 October 2015
GOOD READ best start at beginning of series "first daughter" is in front of this book
on 15 May 2013
I have read many of this authors books over the years, but none for some time and I found this to a predictable and
poorly plotted book. A lot of very good description which became padding after a while.