Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 25 April 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed Linwood Barclay's Last Resort. Very funny, moving, honest and some good insights into how he became the writer he is today.
on 15 September 2015
I've stopped reading this book its a bit slow and dare I say it, boring , I usually really enjoy this authors works,
but I'm taking a break from this one at the moment .,
on 14 June 2017
Great book hardly put it down
on 14 April 2013
Having read most of Linwood Barclays novels I was intrigued to find out if his autobiography would be any different but no am glad to say that from the moment I picked it up I couldn't put it down. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Full of very funny and moving tales.
on 10 February 2012
What a nice story of his childhood, i enjoyed this book which was honest and at times funny. I have always enjoyed his books.
on 19 October 2011
As a huge fan of Linwood Barclay thought I would give this book a go and am very glad I did. It is not like his other novels as this is an autobiography, but his great style of writing still shines through. He recounts tales of his life as a child living in Ontario with his parents and brother where they ran a trailer park. He is very descriptive and the stories he tells contain both sad and very amusing moments. Highly recommend.
on 10 January 2013
Don't despair, you haven't wasted your money. This book is a delightful reminscence of the author's formative years spent helping his parents run Greenacres, a caravan park near Bobcanyon Canada. The book meanders beautifully from one episde to another depicting life with little worry, balmy days and pleasant families enjoying their summer holidays next to a fishing lake. The pleasant families become central to the adolescent dvelopment of Linwood as pleasant families usually have pleasant daughters and we are treated to delightful coming of age stories about unrequited love, long distnce romances, and other gems such as Linwood learning to drive on a grass cutting machine and then showing off on it in an attempt to attract girls..
The hidden gem within the book is the love that a son can have for his father and vice versa. How that love can nurture a young boy who wants to write, has enough imagination to deal with a crazy mother and also helps him to grieve and face up to the inevitable early death of his father.
on 13 December 2013
this story was from the hart how must he loved this dad and what his life was like growing up I love it you felt you was there watching linwood move on growing from a boy in to a man a lovely story as I am a big fan of linwood and I have read all his books so to read this about his life I feel I know him as a person there are no blowing your own trumpet hard work and determination got him were he is to day a lovely refreshing book well put that's why I gave this the full 5 stars thank you linwood for shareing.......
on 13 July 2014
Although I've enjoyed several of Barclays novels I wasn't that keen on this.....which is essentially an autobiography of part of his life coming of age in a trailer park owned by his parents. Yes he had a few hardships but who hasn't? It just wasn't very interesting. When I finished it I couldn't help but think that had it been written by anyone other than a famous author nobody would bother reading it.
on 12 August 2013
It was hard to remember at times, that this was a biography as I became lost in it as I would have one of Linwood's books. The place that his family created sounded really great, a place I would love to find and visit. I was using my atlas to find different locations mentioned. Although there was sadness in the pages I feel Linwood had a pretty good life there.