- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 700 KB
- Print Length: 282 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Breakneck Media (19 Nov. 2010)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004D4YNUW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 8 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #137,469 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£11.67|
Save £8.68 (74%)
The Last Hunter - Descent (The Antarktos Saga: Book 1) Kindle Edition
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
The first thing to like is that there is a genuinely interesting protagonist. From the very start, you can tell that there is hidden potential there or at least some mystery surrounding the character. This makes reading about his journey all the more interesting because you want to know more about him.
The rest of the characters are strong as well. I never felt that any of them were too one dimensional which is quite impressive considering the relatively short length of this book.
Most of all, I am pleased by the massive potential of this story. I felt like we were only scratching the surface in this novel. We are introduced to both a new world and a new magic system that surely has a lot more to offer in future novels.
One downside was that I thought it might feel a little rushed. I wouldn't have minded a few more pages to flesh out side characters, relationships and events a little bit more. This isn't a massive problem as it actually helps propel the story at times. However, there were just a few things I wouldn't have minded looking at a little deeper.
By the end of this novel I was thoroughly enjoying myself and interested in seeing what comes next. I can happily recommend this book, even older readers. Though this has a teenaged protagonist and is at home on the YA shelf, I never felt talked down to as an older (okay, only thirty but that's old enough) reader and I got a lot of enjoyment out of it.
This is a prequel to Antartkos Rising.... and it is really really good.
Well I reckon that if there is not another book I will cry!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
"The Last Hunter" and it's companion yet stand-alone novel, " Antarktos Rising" are now among my favorite books/series of any type of media-books, movies, video... Read morePublished on 27 Jun. 2014 by NITSUD!
I had high hopes for this as I had read and enjoyed another of Jeremy Robinson's books. This was just silly and I didn't like the tense it was written in (present tense) I don't... Read morePublished on 19 Jun. 2013 by Nick Burrows
I enjoyed this book. The story started slow, but if you persevere you will be rewarded with an interesting story. Read morePublished on 7 May 2013 by Amazon Customer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Fiction > Adventure Stories & Action
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Contemporary
- Books > Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult