- Paperback: 96 pages
- Publisher: Cinebook (13 Mar. 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1905460481
- ISBN-13: 978-1905460489
- Product Dimensions: 18.7 x 0.6 x 26 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 662,356 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Largo Winch Vol.1: The Heir: Heir v. 1 Paperback – 13 Mar 2008
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Don't be fooled by the movie by the way, the quality of the graphic novel/comic is quite different.
A good thing about the English version is that they come as a complete story (the original version has two books per 'story', so you need to buy at least two for them to make sense, whereas here they are bundled).
I would recommend the original (in French) to anyone who can read French, but puns aside it should work as well in English.
The Prodigal Son
[ADD] Trading Places (-1)
[TO THE POWER OF] The Apprentice (the finals)
[DIVIDE BY] Hamlet
[SQUARE BY] 24 style time constraint, Tin Tin, Lonely Planet and "page 3"
[MULTIPLY BY] James Bond (movies, not books)
[SQUARE ROOT TO] James Bond (pop culture icon)
This all equals = Largo Winch ...
Unfortunately the pages of the book had detached from the book cover and had been badly glued back.
There were grease stains from the glue and the lower part of the book was loose and not stuck to the cover.
The book was in such a bad state that it should not have been sent out.
A positive point was that they refunded the money quickly.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Largo Winch is the lost heir to the 'W Group' - a massive corporation worth a kazillion dollars. When the company's founder kicks the bucket, there's a scramble to find the hitherto unknown Largo. Hangers on, assassins, henchmen and the ladies are all out to find Largo.
Like the rest of the series, the first volume is actually a collection of two graphic novels. The first sets up the adventure and takes it to the moment of greatest tension. The second then shows Largo (and friends) struggling valiantly towards success.
The Heir is cleverly written and a lot of fun. Largo, with his knife-throwing antics, womanizing and bad haircuts, is a pretty ridiculous hero - half blatant escapism, half Jean Claude Van Damme movie. If he can't solve a problem with sex, he solves it with violence, if he can't solve it with sex or violence, he solves it with money. It is a little deeper than that (and, indeed, it is a surprisingly well-plotted adventure), but not by much.
This is the '24' or the 'Rome' of the comic book world - a tangled, well-scripted plot, hiding behind nudity and violence.
Overall a good plotline and the artwork specially the outdoor scenes is outstanding.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Genre > Crime & Mystery
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Dark Horse
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Fantagraphics
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Hamlyn
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Image Comics
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Titan Books