Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 March 2011
I'm not a senior but bought this book as I wanted a plain language, straight forward book telling me what I needed to learn. It didn't disappoint and I wouldn't hesitate to buy this type of book for seniors again. I highly recommend it for anyone who has very little starting knowledge and just wants to know how to do the basics in a straight forward way. It's easy to read cover to cover and to use for reference. Overall, a very good buy.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 21 April 2012
We bought this for my husband's parents when they got their first laptop (we chose this one as we didnt want to get the "for dummies" one, as they might have taken offence!) and it has been an absolute godsend. Our phone line was a bit like the new BT commercial where the son is bombarded with phone calls from his mother about the internet - so we needed something nice and straightforward to teach them the basics and this book certainly has chapters on everything they could possibly need to know. Since reading it they are uploading and sharing their photos with no problem, they have sussed out their email completely and even using Firefox rather than Internet Explorer. Proof of how helpful this book is, is the fact that without a single bit of input from us, they are even managing to create their own spreadsheets in Excel. I would certainly recommend this book to anyone, not just a senior citizen, who is on their first laptop and needs some guidance.
on 6 June 2011
Purchased this item for my elderly neighbour who has just purchased her 1st Laptop! Seems to be doing the job ok!
on 18 November 2011
Before purchasing any product I need to know that it has a wide coverage of the subject of interest with clear instructions, easy to follow text and illustrations. This book met my requirements.
on 1 October 2011
Got for a neighbour who says its excellent he has never used a computer and is now surfing the net
on 5 March 2012
Prompt delivery. Book very easy to understand and have been able to use it to sort out stuff on my own without calling in reinforcements. Maybe a bit too easy as it didn't include more complex stuff. Still good buy.
on 11 February 2011
Much appreciated by the friend who it was bought for. Having just got their first computer it provides a useful quick reference without a load of jargon.
on 10 February 2015
this is a great book for us oldies as it explains in detail things that we can do ourselves without keep asking our son, we have fixed quite a few things with the books help and are quite proud of ourselves.
on 28 February 2012
This booklet is quite informative for seniors, and is a good starting point for someone not use to laptops.Would reccomend it as a starting point
on 27 January 2013
Purchased this for my friend as she decided she must 'catch-up with the rest' so to speak, I must remind her that she has it then she just might lift the lid on her Laptop that she purchased in 2011 ( she isn't on the internet yet so won't read this).