on 5 April 2017
Very flimsy but does the job.
The real downside is that the rubber feet on the base do nothing at all to stop the entire thing moving around, quite annoying.
The fan is quiet enough though.
on 5 August 2013
It is small, not quite what I expected but it does the job and the laptop just about fits it.
on 6 December 2011
Bought this because our old Belkin cooler packed up.

Took a bit of a risk as no reviews existed!

I must say I am impressed with this, it isn't the best to look at but the two fans give a great airflow and the metal mesh really helps dissipate the heat.

I use a Dell Studio 17" and when playing games it keeps the laptop nice and cool and the noise coming off of it is less than our previous pad.

If you need some cooling power due to gaming etc would definitely recommend.

One issue I have come across is that the pad vibrates very slightly, I imagine this is due to the size of the fans. but definitely worth a go if your laptop gets hot!
on 5 May 2013
I looked at various coolers and their reviews and chose this one. My 17" HP laptop gets (too) hot when working hard, e.g. video editing or backing up to external drive, and sometimes slows down when the processor is being pushed, and this means that multi-tasking gets harder. I previously used a smaller fan unit that was more suited to a 14" laptop, but this did not give enough cooling effect, and the laptop kept slipping off of the stand.

This cooling pad arrived in about 36 hours and was at a good price via Amazon. It works straight out of the box and the big fans cool down the laptop perfectly - in fact it makes my hands cold!!! Yes you can hear the fan working but only a faint whirring, and the minor vibrations are simply physical evidence that the fans are whizzing around. The provided USB lead is exactly the right length. The performance of the laptop is returned to its full glory, and it fits exactly on the stand.

Excellent product - I wish I had bought it years ago.

If I could give it more than five stars I would - without any hesitation.

Having used it a few months one of the neon lights has stopped to work - not a major problem but something that should not have failed so soon.

Gave up the ghost - in hindsight, a waste of money.
on 10 January 2013
Recently had to replace Belkin laptop cooler, which was (before it died out in a year) very noisy and had a weak stand.

I was worried about buying this product as this was, indeed, cheaper than the Belkin.
However, it was one of the best laptop coolers I have had.
It's light weight but study, comes with blue lights on the fans which look quite fancy and fans are silent.
Given that I also have a Zalman cooler which is 25 pounds, I must say this one is excellent value for money!

With 3-day delivery, I can't be happier. Would recommend to anyone who wants a simple and quite cooler.
on 30 October 2012
I like it very much. My computer always get hot at the left side, so the coolers with just one fan don't help. This one, with two fans is perfect. The wind is strong enough to avoid the computer get too hot.
on 10 April 2012
Two big fans, good airflow. Actually cools down my 14" laptop (not a mac). Provides On/Off button, unlike other fans which always on right after plugging the USB cable--eliminating the ritual of unplugging USB cable after use.

There are 2 USB ports on the colling pad, and I am still wondering what these 2 USB ports are for. Plugging 2 USB cables does not boost the fan speed or power. Connecting a cable from one port to my laptop and plugging my pen drive to the other port does not make my pen drive recognised--it doesn't serve as a USB hub either.
on 8 September 2013
As the title said, it stopped working after a month. Not only that but when it was working the fans are so weak it does very little to cool down my laptop. It's not even that quiet considering how slowly the fans move. Another thing is that it isn't suitable if you want to use it on your lap, the bottom is extremely uncomfortable and was obviously designed to be placed on a desk or table.

For the price I wasn't expecting miracles but from the reviews I did at least hope it would work and actually keep my laptop cool, even slightly.
on 30 November 2012
I wish I had purchased one of these a long time ago. Plugs into laptop and keeps it cool. The two fans are very silent. Good sturdy construction.
on 12 June 2013
I was very surprised how effective and quiet this cooler is and for the price I would say go and buy one. My laptop is as cool as a cucumber now