- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
A Lap of the Globe: Behind the Wheel of a Vintage Mercedes in the World's Longest Auto Race Paperback – 30 Aug 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"interesting read"--AutoAficionado; "an uncommonly well-rounded tale...the trip itself is described in great and entertaining detail"--The Flying Lady.
About the Author
Kevin Clemens has a long career in the automotive industry, including work in research and design, public relations, and publications. His writing in the field has won him the Ken Purdy Award for excellence in automotive journalism. He lives in Lake Elmo, Minnesota.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Kevin Clemens reports are quite accurate as to the events on this once-in-a-lifetime journey. Most of the people were friendly, some were cranky after weeks on the road. Some, like Kevin, were there for the competition as well as the adventure, others were there for a lark, just to say they had driven around the world.
The cars were remarkable. Some, like Clemens' Mercedes, were well thought out and well prepared. Others were lucky to be running at all, but they somehow kept going, day after day, like the Energizer Bunny.
Clemens' writing style takes you along, as though you were riding in the back seat for the trip, putting up with the highs and the lows of driving through the worst and the best. Everyone who has ever enjoyed a road trip will love this book.
When they reach North America they are taken through some of the more difficult terrain to keep the difficulty of the race at a decent level.
A facinating read that any car-lover will enjoy and you will not be able to top this tale with any commute you will ever experience.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Science, Mathematics & Technology > Engineering
- Books > Home & Garden > Antiques & Collectables > Antiques & Collectables by Subject > Cars
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Reference > History
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Motor Sports > Motor Rallying & Rally Driving