- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Language of Speech and Writing (Intertext) Paperback – 7 Jun 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Would easily capture the attention of students new to language study ... an excellent introduction to text and discourse analysis, liable to stir up interest in the workings of the texts that surround us daily.' - Laurel Smith Stvan, University of Texas at Arlington, USA
About the Author
Sandra Cornbleet is a part-time Lecturer at Nottingham University and Examiner for various English Language examination boards. Ronald Carter is Professor of Modern English Language at Nottingham University and author of numerous books in the area of applied linguistics. He is also involved in developing the CANCODE project, which is a corpus of five million words of spoken English transcribed and stored computationally.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Languages
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Literary Theory & Movements
- Books > Reference > Language > Speech
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Phonetics & Phonics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Semantics