The Welsh Language Before the Industrial Revolution (Social History of the Welsh Language) Paperback – 7 Nov 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'This book...left me with a vivid sense of the vitality and resilience of the Welsh language, and of its central importance in forming the identity of the Welsh people...essential reading for anyone interested in the history of Wales.' Welsh History Review
About the Author
Geraint H. Jenkins is Director of the UNIVERSITY of WALES CENTRE for ADVANCED WELSH and CELTIC STUDIEs. His recent publications include The Illustrated History of the University of Wales 1893 1993 (1993), and, as editor, The Visual Culture of Wales (6 vols., 1998 2003).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Industrial Revolution
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Wales
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > Social & Economic History > Industrialisation
- Books > Languages > By Language > Other European Languages > Celtic Languages > Irish Gaelic
- Books > Languages > By Language > Other European Languages > Celtic Languages > Welsh
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > United Kingdom