Landscape and Power, Second Edition Paperback – 15 Apr 2002
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Inside Flap
When first published, "Landscape and Power" reshaped the direction of landscape studies, considering landscape not simply as an object to be seen or a text to be read, but as an instrument of cultural force, a central tool in the creation of national and social identities. This edition adds not only a new preface, but also five new essays-from Edward Said, W. J. T. Mitchell, Jonathan Bordo, Michael Taussig, and Robert Pogue Harrison-extending the scope of the book in remarkable ways.
About the Author
W.J.T. Mitchell, the Gaylord Donnelley Distinguished Service Professor of English and Art History at the University of Chicago, is the editor of Critical Inquiry and author of several books, including The Last Dinosaur Book also published by the University of Chicago Press.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book is designed to incite intellectual debate so not all points are to be taken too literally. It is not a light read but a serious philosophical text so perhaps not the most appropriate text for those looking for an introduction to the subject.
Many of these essays are considered key texts in university courses for cultural studies, art history and psychogeography.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Art Issues
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Graphic Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Subjects within Art > Nature, Still Lifes & Landscapes
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Reference