Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions Paperback – 25 Jan 2008
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
OPTIMIZE YOUR LANDING PAGES TO TURBOCHARGE YOUR PROFITS
How much money are you losing because of poor landing page design? In this comprehensive, step–by–step guide, you will learn all the skills necessary to dramatically improve your bottom line:
Identify mission critical parts of your website and their true economic value
Define important visitor classes and key conversion tasks
Gain insight on customer decision–making and make your page friction–free
Uncover problems with your page and decide which elements to test
Understand the power and limitations of common optimization approaches
Develop an action plan and get buy–in from all key players
Avoid common real–world pitfalls that can sabotage your test
Packed with case studies, practical strategies, a detailed review of the Google Website Optimizer tool, and a comprehensive companion website, this one–of–a–kind resource will help you make your landing pages more profitable.
"Tim has figured out what so many people don′t understand: your website can (and should) get better. Every single day."
Seth Godin, author of Meatball Sundae
"This book is a must–read for the modern Internet marketer."
Kevin M. Ryan, Vice President, Global Content Director, Search Engine Strategies and Search Engine Watch
"This is the best business–focused, measurement–based guide to website design I have seen."
Don Norman, cofounder of Nielsen Norman Group and author of The Design of Future Things
"Stop guessing at the best landing page designs and embrace true customer centricity. This book shows you how!"
Avinash Kaushik, Analytics Evangelist and author of Web Analytics: An Hour A Day
"Tim′s Landing Page Optimization is a must–have for your bookshelf."
Bryan Eisenberg, New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling author
About the Author
Tim Ash is a recognized expert in the field of landing page optimization. He is the president of SiteTuners.com, a company that improves the conversion rates of website landing pages through state–of–the–art scientific testing. Tim has spoken internationally at such industry events as Search Engine Strategies, PC Expo, the Affiliate Summit, and Internet World. Visit Tim′s book site at LandingPageOptimizationBook.com
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
However, I did find the book hard going and a bit of a dry read.
Landing pages are the workhorses of online conversion. Drive your visitor(s) to an effective landing page (where they arrive at your site from their previous action e.g. click through from Google) and you're half-way to a sale or other 'visitor conversion'.
Unfortunately, and rather surprisingly, many website owners don't think this way nor do they construct their landing pages very well.
This is where Tim's book comes in.
In it, he describes (in enormous detail) all of the elements of an effective landing page: from understanding and profiling your visitor, building value, understanding the decision process to creating desire and encouraging action. He also talks about testing in (very) great detail and even getting the various members of your web team on board.
So, if you're thinking about improving the conversion rates on your site (and you should be) then get this book. But if you're looking for an engaging and enjoyable read then check out the 'Top Ten Bestselling novels' on Amazon...
* Strong on issues to consider when planning test test, e.g. how to guard against issues of SEO or decreased conversion.
* Part III has clear approach to assembling a team, getting buy-in and developing a testing plan.
* Also considers persona-based and behavioural issues of different segments with good critique on p62
On the downside, compared to the Eisenberg book:
* Less accessible overall - harder work although as with any book this may be rewarded.
* Fewer implementation details although there is a section on Google Website Optimizer
Review by Dr. Dave Chaffey. Author of:
* eMarketing eXcellence: Planning and Optimising Your Digital Marketing (Emarketing Essentials)
* Internet Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice
* Total E-mail Marketing: Maximizing your results from integrated e-marketing: Maximizing Your Results from Integrated E-marketing (Emarketing Essentials)
Yet to implement my plan to improve an existing site although can recommend the product.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Need to know something about the subject to be able to understand the book.Published on 11 July 2014 by D.Enamu
Tim Ash's "Landing Page Optimization" is a must-read for all of you who, like me, wants to make the most of the visitors on my website. Read morePublished on 19 Mar. 2010 by M. Kjeldsen
This is a great book and should be used along with always be testing the Eisenberg book. Its strength is about setting out a nice clear methodology for testing.Published on 2 Sept. 2009 by Mr. Nicholas Garner
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-business
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Web Marketing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Testing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Administration
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation