- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Land Girls Series 1, 2 & 3 [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£51.68 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
The complete first three series of the WWII drama about four girls doing their bit for the war effort. Nancy (Summer Strallen), Joyce (Becci Gemmell), Bea (Jo Woodcock) and Annie (Christine Bottomley) find their lives change dramatically when they join up to the Women's Land Army and move to the country. Episodes comprise: 'Childhood's End', 'Secrets', 'Codes of Honour', 'Trekkers', 'Destinies', 'Back to the Land', 'Displaced Loyalties', 'Final Reckoning', 'Fight the Good Fight', 'Darkest Hours', 'Home to Roost', 'The War in the Fields', 'The Enemy Within', 'Farewell My Lovely' and 'Last Days of Summer'.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
and as realistic as it can be for being made in the 21st century.
Not much in the way of substantial story lines but it is a pleasant enough watch and if you can overlook poor acting and characters leaving and in some cases even changing actors then id say give it a go.
The series is full of characters you can get to care about and, more importantly, is set against the background of WWII. As well as the general historical backdrop of the life of the land girls; every episode deals with another real issue which people had to live through during the war - including many genuine moral dilemmas
Well worth watching though. Lovely to see 1940's war drama's on television.