Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 10 September 2017
A classic still a lovely story
on 23 June 2013
One thing I'll say for this story is it does indeed include the giant's original '...grind his bones to make my bread' speech throughout. However, it takes such a long time to get to the part where the giant is defeated my daughter often loses interest...and so do I.

My daughter is only three, but we do share longer stories quite often...so I wouldn't say she is bored because of the length. I think it's probably because every time Jack goes back to get another item of treasure, the explanation is fairly long and samey.

All in all, I am happy I bought this book because it's a far more traditional version of the story. I don't mind reading any version of the story, but I do like to be able to put on 'the voice' and chant 'that' rhyme with my children.
on 21 May 2016
A bit disappointed, only because it's not as nicely illustrated as the original which I had back in the 1980's. My son still enjoyed it though.
on 11 March 2014
Lovely book.. Very elaborate but lovely all the same..!!!! My son just loves the pictures nd the sing song lines of the giant..
on 14 February 2015
It was a basic version
on 21 November 2014
What can I say, it's a book.
on 6 January 2015