on 16 July 2017
Recommended for those of us not educated in such things.
on 12 February 2015
Great book for primary kids.
on 6 February 2004
This was recommended to me several years ago by lecturers on my teacher training course, as a guide to English Grammar. As someone who was never taught Emglish grammar at school, but now has to teach it, it is invaluable. It is an excellent book, interesting, well explained with amusing examples and pictures - it is very easy to understand and is great for grown-ups and kids alike!
on 21 December 2012
Trying to get ready for the introduction of next year's Year 6 grammar SATS paper,I bought this book to help!It is great, it tells me everything I need to know and in a clear and simple format.
on 31 May 2012
Excellent book! It's a must for people needing a simple yet comprehensive guide. I would highly recommend the book to people of all ages and levels of understanding.
on 29 November 2013
I bought it for my son 12 years) who is learning English as a second language. Everything is very well explained and it isn't boring. It's a very good start
on 19 April 2014
This Ladybird is a true classic and should adorn every students book shelve, whether primary, secondary or university! I have found it immensely useful in letter writing and essays. Its main use for myself is when having to complete group work with students who English is not their first language.

Its presentation is simplistic, and straightforward without pomp or condescension, and the abbreviations in the back and front cover are most useful.

Highly recommended.
on 10 June 2012
This is a brilliant book. Not just is it cheap, it is also easy to read and a must for anybody teaching English or learning English.
on 28 December 2000
A good introduction to the foundations of basic grammar. Easy to understand and colourful. A very user friendly book.
on 24 February 2015
I have purchased this book before as it is such a good guide to grammar. I bought it for my grandchild who was expressing an interest in punctuation marks. I had previously given one to my son in law who was struggling with English as a second language.