on 29 April 2017
My daughter loves this book, she's 12. I personally think it's quite squeamish, in a humorous way, the fairies are literally caught mid flight and squashed in the book!! The expressions on their faces! Ha ha.
on 30 May 2017
on 27 November 2013
I really love this book. I love this book so much I've bought it 3 times. I don't mean a copy for myself and two friends, but bought it for myself 3 times. (The first was lost in a move, the third I bought just for a new squashed fairy decal to put in my car window). There isn't a lot of actual writing, but the fairies crack me up every-time I look at them.
on 29 January 2006
If you are a fan of witty, slightly dark, offbeat and wicked takes on a subject that's almost always presented in a saccharine way, sit back and be prepared to thoroughly enjoy the pressed fairy book. Hard to find, a prize for those who have it. Reminds me of Graham Roumieu's delightful fringe hominid "Bigfoot" ("come share the laugh, the cuddle, the smashing...") Your kids will never be the same. Mine all have a wonderfully mordant sense of humour thanks to books like these. The kind of book you leave around for guests to enjoy in odd places....they always comment on it. Stunning illustrations that are a feast for the eyes.
on 9 October 1999
a very silly book with brilliant pictures, and terry jones stays true to form with his intellegent wit. This book can appeal to every age level, as long as you have a sense of humor and a secret belief that they are at the bottom of the garden.i think we farnhamites must!!!
on 27 September 2002
I first encountered this amazing book when I was 12 and I was convinced that around every tree there would be a farie, but try as I did I could not catch one, not even a goblin! I ran into Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book on Amazon a few months ago, I am now 30-odd, I had to get it! It has got to be the first book that every little girl, women and granny should consider for their library! Mystical, funny, naughty but nice, childish and deadley serious! It is a must have for anyone who relishes the idea of blaming everything on the faries! I personally do not believe they are drawing at all!
on 7 April 2015
I Bought this book when it was first released nearly 21 years ago......... Surely it can't be that long! But that might explain the very battered condition of my copy, the spine has been glued & covered in sellotape holding the covers in place......... I do actually look after my books, but I have read it so many times & have lent it to numourus friends.
Terry Jones is at his crazy best with this book, it is absolutely hilarious. Froude's fairies are equally hilarious, not pretty, delicate, ladylike fae, these fairies are very cheeky, naughty & like to moon poor Lady Cottington. My son also loves this book, he's declared he has inherited it from me..... Nice way of saying he's pinched it! Seeing as these fairies are not all girly, being made more of snips, snails & puppydog tails than sugar, spice & all things nice, they are ok for boys not just girls. If you haven't read this & you have a sense of humour you really don't know what you are missing & I highly recommend getting it......... NOW!
on 9 January 2002
This book is such a wonder to own, the detailed paintings of the fairies mixed with the fantastic colours really do take your breath away.
I own both this book plus the handbag size version and the journal and all are a pleasure to own.
If you like these you will love the goblins companion as well.
on 24 June 2010
An AMAZING book for any girl/woman of any age, I read this book as a child and was devastated when I couldn't find it to show someone, so I ordered this one and several others by the same publisher. These books are amazing and would make a perfect present, they take you in to a fairy tale with drawings and sketches. Just an amazing unusual book.
on 31 May 2010
I bought this issue for a friend. It is a true and comical work of art. The idea alone: a young girl literally 'printing' faeries by smashing them between the pages of her book, is wonderful, original and very funny.

I highly recommend this work.