Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.75

on 30 April 2017
I'd heard about this book for years, but had never got around to reading it. The story wasn't the sordid, scandal that I was expecting, but rather a personal insight into one woman's life. I found it fascinating that people in that era were really no different than people in our modern world today. The style of writing and choice of some wording was interesting. A really enjoyable book - and for free download on kindle, an absolute treat!
on 18 January 2016
Much better than its latest TV adaptation. Constance comes across as vulnerable and torn between her duty and her desires. Her character develops, heading slowly and painfully towards self-discovery. She is more believable this way.
What I have always marvelled about is how DH Lawrence gets into the head of a woman, especially when he dives into her most intimate sensations and the process of her sexual awakening. Astounding for a man to be able to do that.
on 7 May 2017
Not my normal read but throughly enjoyed this classic loved the story line and it's passion of the characters. Would recommend this if it's not your normal cup of tea
on 24 July 2017
A real classic! Lawrence at his finest well I do love his books so I'm biased but really it is a must read 😊👍
on 8 May 2017
I enjoyed this book, it was different to what I was expecting. I would read more books of this sort.
on 19 August 2017
A classic book that is always worth reading
on 28 April 2017
This is a book I always thought I should read and am so glad I have. Author does have a way of repeating himself but just love the old English language.
on 3 August 2017
Perfect, good quality book and ddin't cost that much.
on 3 June 2017
It's okay, not really my sort of read.
on 23 August 2017
Looks very good but haven't started reading it yet