- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Labor Progress Handbook: Early Interventions to Prevent and Treat Dystocia Paperback – 29 Mar 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Each edition of The Labor Progress Handbook improves on the previous one, and this third edition is an even more indispensable resource for maternity care practitioners, especially within the context of today′s overuse of birth technology, cesarean sections, and nonevidence–based management practices. Congratulations, Penny Simkin and Ruth Ancheta! You′ve given caregivers a powerful gift to pass on to childbearing women ... again!." (Birth, 1 March 2012)
From the Back Cover
The third edition of The Labor Progress Handbook builds on the success of first two editions and remains an unparalleled resource on simple, non–invasive interventions to prevent or treat difficult labor. Retaining the hallmark features of previous editions, the book is replete with illustrations showing position, movements, and techniques and is logically organized to facilitate ease of use.
This edition includes two new chapters on third and fourth stage labor management and low–technology interventions, a complete analysis of directed versus spontaneous pushing, and additional information on massage techniques. The authors have updated references throughout, expertly weaving the highest level of evidence with years of experience in clinical practice.
The Labor Progress Handbook continues to be a must–have resource for those involved in all aspects of birth by providing practical instruction on low–cost, low–risk interventions to manage and treat dystocia.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I could write an essay as there is so much more than what i have mentioned.
This book has to be a priority for anyone undertaking training - particularly when beginning labour ward placements.
It's the best on my shelf and will be useful for many years to come.........
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The only reason I decided on a 4-star rating is for the Kindle version of this book. There were a few minor typos and grammatical errors. None of them made the material unreadable, but it was annoying.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services > Midwifery
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Midwifery