Customer reviews

on 16 May 2009
I so wanted to like this guide book! It's a great idea, a folding guide to all the hip and trendy places, written in a fun, funky style. And perhaps that's where the problems started, back at the design stage, as the whole text is in CAPITAL LETTERS which makes it HORRIBLE to read, and also printed in a blue/grey ink which fades away in low lighting conditions. Having struggled to read the guide on my flight to Dubai, on arrival it was banished to my suitcase and not opened again. A lost opportunity, and for me at least, literally a headache to read. Next time, less design, more legibility. And a map would have been useful - not all Dubai taxi drivers know their city well, particularly the hotels...
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 July 2011
I want to recommend this guide to those who would like to travel with style. I have been a LUXE fan for years and knew that they are celebrating their over 1 million guides sold to date.

The Dubai guide is really wonderful and even my friend who has been relocating to this city for 3 years is still using this guide from day 1. Without doubt, the slim profile is very gorgeous and easy to carry. The design is just excellent!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse