Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
LINDY NC40 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones
|Price:||£38.82 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£1.17 (3%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Multiple award winning, best selling noise cancelling headphones from one of Europe’s leading suppliers of professional audio and video products. What Hi-Fi award winners. Rated 10 out of 10 and given a Star Buy award by the Sunday Mirror. Computeractive ‘Great Pick’ winners.
- Very lightweight design with super soft protein leather earpieces and fully adjustable padded headband for maximum comfort on even the longest flights.
- Featuring advanced inverse active phase technology which provides 16dB active noise reduction to effectively reduce unwanted, distracting ambient noise. High output 40mm high fidelity drivers provide a rich sound signature to bring your music to life with a well-rounded bass, warm mids and clear, smooth treble delivery.
- Closed back design reduces audio leakage and avoids disturbing others. Switchable noise cancelling circuitry which allows the headphones to be used even when the battery is flat – an advantage over other noise cancelling headphones which cannot be used once the battery is exhausted.
- Supplied with stylish carry bag, in-flight adapter, 1.2m cable with 24K gold plated contacts, 6.3mm stereo adapter and 1 x AAA battery. Backed by a 2 year warranty to ensure customer satisfaction.
- NOTE: The battery compartment door needs to be pushed close until there is an audible click. In case of vibration, poor audio quality or audible hum, check that all connections have been made correctly. If this does not resolve the issue then the next step is to change the battery for a new/fully charged battery.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
LINDY NC40 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones
|Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery|
|Sold by||Amazon.co.uk||You Want One||Amazon.co.uk||UK Prime|
|Dimensions||24.5 cm x 9 cm||3.5 cm x 20 cm||23.9 cm x 20.3 cm||8.9 cm x 25.9 cm|
|Item Weight||209 g||150 g||132 g||163 g|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Style Name: Noise Cancelling
Now you can enjoy your music without the disturbance of unwanted ambient noise. These headphones contain inverse phase active technology which ‘cancels out‘ background noise resulting in a more enjoyable audio experience. The large 40mm driver units provide superior sound performance whilst the soft, cushioned earpads make them comfortable to wear for long periods. Perfect to take on a long flight, train journey, in the car or just to use at home.
- 16dB active noise reduction to cut out background noise;
- High output 40mm driver units with neodymium magnets for superb sound quality;
- Soft cushioned earpads for comfortable use over long periods;
- Neat folding design for portability;
- Supplied with a carry bag, in-flight adapter, 1.2m detachable cable, and 6.3mm stereo adapter.
Battery type: AAA
Battery voltage: 1.5 V
Cable length: 1.2 m
Colour of product: Black
Connectivity technology: Wired
Ear coupling: Supraaural
Headphone frequency: 20 - 20000 Hz
Headphone sensitivity: 104 dB
Impedance: 70 Ω
Number of batteries supported: 1
LINDY Noise Cancelling Headphones
1x AAA battery
6.3mm stereo adapter
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
These are excellent for the price. They come in a well designed and nice case. I found them easy to set up (Bluetooth on both a windows 10 tablet and iPhone - you do have to re-register them when you switch devices and don't try that with the one that it is connected to nearby as I did at first).The noise cancelling works well. Not as effective here as the Bose which achieves surreal levels of quiet (i have tried a direct contrast with my washing machine on noisy cycle and on a train) but very effective, particularly when the music is playing. The phones were a little tight on my head at first but they have worn in after a few days use. The Bluetooth works at a reasonable distance; this depends on the device. I find the connection with my tablet breaks up only a few feet away but the iPhone stays connected about twice as far.
Sound quality: clear and attractive middle sound, very good playing soloist, small ensemble. Excellent stereo separation. I particularly like having a volume control on the phones. This makes them my preferred choice on the iPhone (the Bose have no volume control and the iPhone is very volume restricted even with volume restriction turned off!). There are some price effects: the stereo is a little one dimensional, at very high volume with full orchestra there is slight distortion. But the sound is enjoyable to listen to: for the price, very good indeed.
I'd never heard of Lindy as a manufacturer before, and initial impressions weren't too promising. The build quality isn't great. I would describe the feel of the headphones as 'plastiky', and I suspect that their life expectancy will be limited by part of the structure breaking.
The headphones come with a detachable 3.5 mm cable, a 3.5 to 6.3 mm jack adapter, an airline headphone adapter, and an AAA battery. The mechanism to release the battery cover on the right headphone is stiff and tricky to open, further adding to the negative initial impression.
When plugged in to an audio source, the sound isn't great, sounding very muddy with little contrast. However - and this is where the review goes from two stars to five stars - when you turn on the noise cancelling, controlled using a simple toggle switch, it's an entirely different experience.
The sound becomes a lot brighter and punchier. Furthermore, there's this odd feeling as if the noise is being sucked out of your head. I've had this experience before, testing a pair of Bose Quiet Comfort 25 headphones briefly in a well-known UK department store, and it's an odd feeling. Without testing them side by side it's difficult to tell, but I would say that the Lindy does pretty much the same job as the vastly more expensive Bose.
The effect is more pronounced when you're in a continuously noisy environment.Read more ›
- they're blocking out a lot of sound already when just putting them on in passive mode without any music
- very good sound in active mode
- reasonably comfortable, with large earparts, so they don't squeeze your ear
- you can unplug the cable at both ends and replace it completely. Most headphones I went through over the years I had to throw out because the cable got dodgy
- comes with a nice bag and adapter
- relatively cheap
- enclosed cable is quite short
- headphones are very heavy
- in passive mode the sound coming out of the speakers is noticeably muffled, which I didn't expect
- in active mode if you move around or chew something and your ear touches the membrane inside the headphone, it makes
- active mode burns through the batteries quite quickly
- even in active mode you can *still* hear people talking around you, it just makes everything sound tinny and distant.
Conclusion: You get what you pay for. If you just want to lower the noise around you it's fine. If you suffer from APD, you'll want something stronger.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Best NC headphones for the price. Noise cancelling works really wellPublished 5 days ago by Micheal O Flaherty
Used on 2 flights recently and they really do work - considering buying another set for the next long-haul flight (one each); way, way better than standard BA ear-phones!Published 19 days ago by derekdavies
This is the third set of these headphones that I have had. All had the same problem, noise cancelling stopped working, yet my Wife has had no problems with hers. Read morePublished 25 days ago by Martin F Brown
great head phones and the noise cancelling is great couldnt hear my lawnmower with these bad boys on.Published 1 month ago by Mr. M. Brotherton
First time I used them, the door to the battery compartment broke. Design is poor, but active noise cancelling is quite effective I must admit.Published 1 month ago by kevin
Exactly what we wanted, good quality and folds up to take mimimun room in the hand luggagePublished 1 month ago by Kayess
Noise isolation: The offer pretty good noise isolation through all the frequencies.
Active noise cancellation: They give a good reduction of low frequencies and some of... Read more