LIFESAVER Family Emergency Preparedness Pack
- LIFESAVER filters out bacteria, viruses, cysts, parasites and fungi instantly from water
- Filters 20,000 litres / 5,300 US gallons of water
- Emergency drinking water - Aluminium foil sealed for an extended shelf life of 10 years
- FAILSAFE - an automatic indicator when the cartridge needs replacing
- Extremely easy to use - FILL. PUMP. DRINK
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
In the event of a emergency situation this Family Emergency Preparedness Pack will provide you and your family with enough clean drinking water to survive the hours, days, weeks and years following an event. This pack is heat sealed in aluminium foil for an extended shelf life of 10 years. Extended shelf life is due to the aluminium barrier foil which has a water vapour diffusion rate that is 80 times slower than standard packaged polyethylene. The aluminium sealed package acts as a barrier to prevent water vapour from entering the pack and it performs the same protection in reverse as it retains the glycerine within the hollow fibre membranes. This pack contains a robust and portable water filter capable of filtering 20,000 litres / 5,300 US gallons of clean drinking water, removing viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites instantly. The pack also includes activated carbon filters which improve the palatability of the water by removing chlorine, taste and odour. Filter water for drinking, for washing with the addition of the LIFESAVER shower attachment and for cooking. No need for chlorine or chlorine dioxide. The LIFESAVER 20000UF jerrycan is a microbiological water filter that uses ultra filtration technology to filter out viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites from contaminated water sources. Lifesaver technology filters out bacteria to a minimum of Log 6 (99.9999%), viruses to a minimum of Log 4.4 (99.996%) and cysts to a minimum of Log 4.7 (99.998%) as specified by National Sanitation Foundation Protocol 231, based on recommendations of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). NSF/ANSI standard microbial removal claims are 99.9999% or greater for bacteria, 99.99% or greater for virus, and 99.9% or greater for parasite cysts.
Top Customer Reviews
Let me first state that I purchased this unit when it was a little cheaper than it is now. Thusly I will split my review into parts.
I live in the UK. I intend to use this in the UK. I will be at my farm, which has a field that is populated by sheep, with me and an other working by a few streams fed by a spring (my water sources) at the bottom of a valley, by an open sided quarry. I will use it as my clothes washing, personal washing and showering, and drinking water supplier.
This purchase at the time was cheaper than an un-mylar-ed version thanks to Amazon. So I bought this unit knowing that I would be opening it this year, rather than placing it in my stores in case of a future zombie apocalypse. I am not taking the mickey here, I still want an other unit in the future for my personal stores, possibly just a replacement filter rather than a whole jerry-can arraignment. I will know after the testing if I think the jerry-can itself can survive a lifetime of use.
1. Quality of packaging; when I got hold of the set, I looked for issues as you do on any new purchase of this importance that uses a mylar bag. Comming from a prepper mind-set, the presence of a mylar bag is important. All the individual items were there. All the items were sound, in their respective mylar bags, and fully sealed. These smaller items (other than the carbon filters) are inert, and an oxygen free atmosphere is not required anyway. It is not beyond most folk to take two mins on the web to find out how to seal a mylar bag if they wanted. So replacing the air in these smaller bags is simple if you wanted to make it your 'zombie apocalypse go to'!Read more ›
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Could not except a damaged foil seal, ruins the shelf life of the product.
Apologies for the delays in responding to you, we have been extremely busy and had a long Bank Holiday weekend.
With regards to the Carbon filters for the Jerrycan, these had been removed and were only available to purchase by buying them pre-installed in the taps, but this is currently being rectified and will be available again shortly. [A later email told me that they are only available in the Disaster Pack and cannot be purchased separately - you must purchase the Carbon Taps which are available online.]
Secondly the LIFESAVER products are zero rated at USA customs so the price on the website is the final price.
So there will not be any custom charges if shipped to the United States.