Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Sep 2010 14:55:27 BDT
Does the LG BD560 Blu-Ray player allow access to other Netcast Services (picasa, accuweather, etc) or is it limited to Youtube only?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2010 11:15:54 GMT
Last edited by the author on 24 Feb 2011 13:02:06 GMT
Paddy says:
It has BBC iPlayer and a bunch of other stuff now. Still waiting for ITVPlayer, 4OD and though. Oh and for the record my netcast is built into my TV although I would imagine it's the same on this blue ray player.

[EDIT: Sorry I was wrong, no iPlayer, see my post below.]

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2011 12:06:38 GMT
M Pugh says:
Wrong. It only has access to YouTube - nothing else!

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2011 13:01:06 GMT
Paddy says:
M Pugh,
Yes you're right my LG TV has iPlayer but it seems that LG's Netcast is not standardised across all their product range so this Blu Ray player doesn't have iPlayer. This is very annoying as you would imagine that an LG product that is advertised as having Netcast would, well, have Netcast!

I did research this and even some of LG's Expensive plasma TV's which originally had iPlayer as an internet firmware update have since, in latter updates, had the service removed! It's all very sloppy but then again Web TV, as I term it, is still in it's infancy so we'll probably be using our laptops, plugged into our TV's, for a while to come. Also all this DNLA stuff is even more of a shambles although I did get it to work with out too much of a problem
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  13 Sep 2010
Latest post:  24 Feb 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer