LG 42LB580V 42-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Wi-Fi Smart TV with Freeview HD (discontinued by manufacturer) [Energy Class A+]
Browse our TV Buying Guide.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Smart TV - Brings together all of your favourite content
- 2.0 Ch Speaker System - Dual speakers delivering an incredible cinema-like experience.
- Wi-Fi - Comes with built in Wi-Fi for seamless connectivity.
- Magic Remote Ready.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
Sharp LC-40CFF5221K 40-Inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV with Freeview
LG 43LJ594V 43 inch Smart LED TV (2017 Model)
LG 32LH570U 32 -inch LCD 720 pixels TV
LG 43UJ630V 43 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV (2017 Model)
Sony Bravia KDL32WE613 (32-Inch) HD Ready HDR Smart TV (X-Reality PRO, Slim and streamlined design) - Black (2017 Model)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||£7.02||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||BOMS||Tvsandmore||ILGS - I Love Going Shopping|
|Connectivity Technology||USB||USB; Ethernet||WiDi, Miracast, DLNA, HDMI, USB||USB||WiDi, Miracast, DLNA, HDMI, USB||USB|
|Display Resolution Max||1080p Full HD||1080p Full HD||1080p Full HD||720 pixels||4K||720p HD Ready|
|Display Size||42 inches||40 inches||43 inches||32 inches||43 inches||32 inches|
|Image Aspect Ratio||16:9;4:3||16:9||16:9||16:9||16:9||5|
|Item Dimensions||5.55 x 96.1 x 56.7 cm||6.71 x 91.68 x 53.29 cm||97.7 x 18.7 x 61.5 cm||7.1 x 73.4 x 43.8 cm||97.7 x 18.7 x 61.5 cm||73.1 x 18.7 x 49 cm|
|Item Display Weight||9.5 kg||7.8 kg||—||—||—||—|
|Item Weight||9.2 kg||7.3 kg||8.1 kg||4.5 kg||8.4 kg||6.2 kg|
|Special Feature||Smart / Internet||VESA 400 x 200||Smart / Internet||VESA 200 x 200||Smart / Internet||Smart / Internet|
|Tuner Technology||DVB-S2 (HD)||mpeg4||DVB-T2, DVB-C, DVB-S2||DVB-S2 (HD)||DVB-T2, DVB-C, DVB-S2||mpeg4|
Energy efficiency classA+ to F
On-mode power consumption52 Watts
Energy consumption76 Kilowatts per year, based on the power consumption of the television operating 4 hours per day for 365 days. The actual energy consumption will depend on how the television is used.
Visible screen diagonal42" / 107 cm
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
LG 42LB580V. Display diagonal: 1.0668m (42"), HD type: Full HD, Display resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels. Tuner type: Digital, Digital signal format system: DVB-C, DVB-CI, DVB-S2, DVB-T2. HDMI version: 1.4. Teletext: 2000 pages, Video formats supported: DIVX, DIVX HD. Colour of product: Grey
From the manufacturer
LG 42LB580V 42-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Wi-Fi Smart TV with Freeview HD
Making TV Simple Again
LG Smart TV
Our Smart platform brings together all of your favourite content. There's catch-up TV from the likes of BBC iPlayer, as well as instant access to movies on demand via Sky Movies on NOW TV, Netflix, Amazon Instant and Blinkbox. You can also stream live sports via Sky Sports on NOW TV, BBC Sport and Eurosport. There's also access to music from Spotify and Napster, plus social networking sites like YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. * *Services are subject to availability and may vary across products and platforms. Due to platform upgrades some services require modification before launching on 2014 devices.
Magic Remote Ready
Access a growing world of entertainment on your LG Smart TV with the intuitive Magic Remote using point, scroll, gesture or voice commands. * *Additional Magic Remote required.
LG Smart TV comes with built in Wi-Fi for seamless connectivity. * *Available on selected models.
Get the UK's favourite TV channels in high definition subscription free. Already offering up to 10 HD channels and there are more to come in 2014. Enjoy the likes of BBC, ITV and Channel 4 direct to your TV for free with no monthly contract or fee. To check coverage in your area please visit www. freeview. co. uk.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. This LG Smart TV is very slim and attractive to look at AND it provides a picture which is very crisp and pronounced with the colours very clear.
2. Set Up straightforward - Follow the instructions on the screen to answer questions asked and then set up the Wi-Fi connection with your Hub.
3. Once on the Internet via this Smart TV - You have access to Amazon Prime (And then, If you have paid your £79 subscription, all its films etc are free to watch on your LG Smart TV via the Wi-Fi Internet connection.
4. Would recommend you purchase the "LG Smart Magic Remote" for £24 as this makes it so much easier to get around the menus on the Smart TV. (The remote provided with this TV is very clunky to move around the menus. (Important Note : The LG Smart Remote will NOT work unless you also buy a dongle - LG AN-WF500 Wi-Fi dongle for £20.31. It fits on the back of the TV via a USB connection and provides a Bluetooth connection to the LG Magic Remote.
5. Helpful Hint - To find the "Input List" where you can choose which connected device you want to use i.e .HDM1 or HDM or AV1 etc you have to press the Home Key on the remotes to access the main menu screen on the Smart TV. It is a busy looking menu and squashed in there is a small square called INPUT LISTS. Click on this and it will give you the options you need.
6. The Sound on this LG Smart TV is poor, especially for dialogue.
7. To overcome this I purchased a LG Bluetooth NB2540V "SOUND BAR WITH A SUB WOOFER" for £99, which gave me a powerful and excellent sound system that satisfied my ears. (You will need to buy an "Optical Cable to connect it to you LG Smart TV. - Different connection to a USB one)
colours rreally stand out net flix now tv bbc I player and much more voice activated and gesture control you have to buy a magic remote and camera for these features I've not used these yet but plan to in the near future the only thing I will advice if you like watching movies with a bit louder volume you may need to get a sound bar other than that a cracking buy I wasn't sure looking at it online but when it arrived I'm now really glad that I bought it
It has all the bells and whistles and plenty of hdmi sockets usb and other connection ports.
Design:Nice design with silver bezel and base.Not much bezel around the tv and the tv is quite thin for a direct lit tv almost as thin as the edge lit tvs.
Picture quality: Fantastic picture with HD channels watched the world cup football matches and there is no motion blur etc which people complain about. Tried a few blu ray movies and the picture again is great with no judder or blur, the dark knight looked fantastic and the colours look accurate one you fiddle around with the picture settings. SD channels are not that great but its not completely unwatchable like certain other tvs. Contrast ratio is decent but not as good as compared to the plasma tv we have in the main room but thats to be expected as plasmas have the best contrast levels with the deepest blacks.
Sound: Sound is decent but as with other tvs this thin you wont get anywhere near the quality of a decent 2.1 or 5.1 sound system which is why i bought the Roth bar3.You could get away without a soundbar but once you buy a soundbar or a speaker system you will think why didnt i buy it sooner.
Gaming:Noticed slightly input lag on the ps3 but once you change it to game mode its totally fine and this solves the problem.The plasma tv in the main room doesn't have a problem with input lag and if you read up on it the input lag problem is more common with led tvs.
Smart features:From the few days i've been using it i have had no problems and there is a number of apps available including youtube,netflix,BBC iplayer,Now TV and many more. You can stream stuff from your phone or tablet such as photos,videos and music with no problem.
All in all would recommend this as a good smart tv alternatively you can buy a normal tv and chromecast together :)
Most recent customer reviews