Other Sellers on Amazon
LEGO Technic 9398: 4X4 Crawler
|You Save:||£14.93 (6%)|
- Features motorized 4-wheel steering and 4-wheel drive, extreme suspension, opening doors and top section.
- 2 models in 1: rebuilds into a tough 4x4 off-road truck.
- Includes 2 LEGO Power Functions L-motors, servo motor, battery box, remote control and infrared receiver.
- Use the remote control, steer the wheels and open the doors.
- 4x4 Off-road Truck features extreme suspension and LEGO Power Functions 4-wheel drive and 4-wheel steering with remote control.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item LEGO Technic 9398: 4X4 Crawler
LEGO Technic 8293: Power Functions Motor Set B0014QXN08
LEGO Technic 42039: 24 Hours Race Car B00NVDJQ3A
LEGO Technic 42037: Formula Off-Roader B00NGJCED8
|Shipping||£5.35||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Age Range Description||Information not provided||9 - 16 years||11 - 16 years||9 - 16 years|
|EU Toys Safety Directive Age-specific warning||Not suitable for children under 36 months||Not suitable for children under 36 months||Not suitable for children under 36 months||Not suitable for children under 36 months|
|Are Batteries Required||Yes||Yes||No||No|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
This product is subject to specific safety warnings
Take on even the toughest terrain with this realistic 4x4 Crawler. Operate the 4-wheel steering and 4-wheel drive using the supplied LEGO Power Functions infrared remote control. Then ride the roughest rocks with the high-performance extreme suspension. This heavy-duty model also features opening doors and top section. Rebuild it into a tough 4x4 off-road truck.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
- Impressive model inc. full working r/c 4-WD drive-train, working live axle suspension, and 4 wheel steering.
- The drive motors are housed on each axle unit, rather like modern trains and electric cars and this lowers the centre of gravity a bit and puts more weight directly onto the wheels. Very stable.
- One large steering servo motor is housed centrally and steers both ends.
- Doors open and the on/off switch is accessed here. The truck body lifts to access battery box (6 x AA)
- Good battery life.
- The remote control works well and the system is simple, but effective. Forward / back and left right, as is the usual.
- The wheels have Technic axles and 3 pins for extra strength in the wheel hub-axle connection.
- "Reasonable" value, you get 1327 parts and a few left over.
- Lots of new components too inc. NEW servo motor for the rack / pinion steering.
-You also get the remote control gear which is useful and some of the largest wheels currently available. Very responsive remote control.
-I thought the instructions were good and it's built as modules, as you might expect, and this works well.
- It climbs well and only slippery surfaces defeat it. See online videos for info.
- It's relatively durable, a 5 yr old used it under supervision and didn't break it, yet.
- The suspension is springy and it works well.
- A bit slow: but it is crawler, not a dune buggy! (You could change the gearing on the portal gears (web search this term!) - perhaps for more speed?)
- Boring alternative "samey" lorry model?
- Truck body / shell is a bit flimsy - opportunity for upgrade though if in the mood.
- £ per brick some might see this as expensive, depending on when you buy it.Read more ›
Also fun to build!
I would say that this set has been more enjoyable to build than the digger and took about the same amount of time...
It's not fast in movement, but it is very strong, with 2 drive motors (1 in the front, 1 in the back) and will climb over most obstacles - the range of movement of the chassis is quite something too - each front and back section is independent of the middle section and has a large amount of suspension travel.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
In many ways one of the most impressive Lego Technic kits so far. So why only three stars? It was expensive, at £169 (original price), even more so here! Read morePublished 3 months ago by Tarx
Excellent service, prompt delivery! It was a great Christmas present, Thanks!Published 6 months ago by Zoltan Stubnya
Super fantastic awesome! This product is very very funny to build. This is not only funny to build but it's also very funny to play with! Read morePublished 20 months ago by Bicio
My son is having a great time putting this together. We are happy with it, even if it is fairly expensive.Published 20 months ago by H A Milofsky
Great Lego kit. Bit pricy but all Lego seems to be. My son loved building it.Published on 17 Sept. 2014 by Andrew
Brilliant - I can't add anything to the previous reviewsPublished on 13 Aug. 2014 by Mr. John Bartlett
This is one of THE best LEGO kits ever made. It really is great! The only model I've ever built that involves disassembly during the build process. Read morePublished on 25 July 2014 by Woodgnome