Customer reviews

on 16 October 2013
Being a lifelong Star Wars I bought this under the excuse it was for my kids. In my defence they loved it too.

The Padawan Menace, is funny (cheeky), with great animation, and introduced a Star Wars legend in to the clone war era of the Lego Star Wars Universe (LSWU). "Ian" is an orphan on the run from the orphanage. To blend in he joins a bunch of students in a field trip. Trouble is these students are Jedi Padawans on their way to observe the senate, how much trouble can a bunch of young force users get into crisscrossing the LSWU? Watch and find out. Great uses of the Lego concept of building stuff with the force. Really enjoyable main feature, then it even has 10 mins of Lego short that are pretty entertaining as well.

The Empire Strikes Out. I think this was a bit of a strike out; it might have been after seeing the Padawan Menace my expectations were a little too high. Especially as they kept saying a recurring theme of Darth Vader Vs. Darth Maul. I don't care what format that is in fans will watch it just for that. The trouble is it never actually happen apart from a childish bit of double force choking the two have very little interaction with each other. Childish is pretty much the best summary of this DVD. It is too Robot chicken and spoofs in a Lego stetting.

I would have give Padawan Menace 5 stars and the Empire Strikes Out 3 stars at best. Why not average it out to 4 as a whole, simply because Padawan Menace is really good and probably worth £5-6 on its own. Paying the extra £1 to see the other one as well is just value for money. So 5 stars for the double pack over all.
on 8 October 2013
I bought this for my son's 7th Birthday, he loves it, its been watched over and over again again. Would deffinatly recommend.
on 6 November 2013
Bought for my 5yr old boy who is both lego and Star Wars mad. So funny that I like watching them too. Just a shame they are only half an hour long.
on 27 December 2013
Bought for my 7 year old son and I watched it with him and found the storylines to be funny enough for adults familiar with the star wars character - graphics as expected if you have played any of the LEGO games - 4 out of 5 stars due to there only being 2 programmes on the disc so it's a short watch but my son loved it.
on 15 January 2014
This was an instant hit with my 6 year old grandson! He is very in to Lego model building, and seeing them animated in this dvd had him really excited. I will be buying further Lego dvd's for him in future.
on 16 May 2016
What more can you want..........Star Wars and Lego all in one!! Good entertainment. Love the comical angle they have added. My two boys love it as well really good bit of animation and great storyline
on 23 June 2016
Excited to watch this with my son later - he's 3, and already obsessed with Lego Star Wars!
The delivery was amazing. Ordered yesterday, arrived this morning. Thank you!
on 14 February 2014
This is a superb double pack. my grandchildren and I have a whole lot of fun watching them, they are as usual funny and full of great action. Don't miss out on this one.
on 30 June 2014
My two young grandsons love these and I found them quite amusing. The only reason for not giving five stars is the short duration (about 20 minutes) of each DVD.
on 27 October 2013
The films are quite short at 20 mins each, but I thought this box set was a good buy. My 5yo son loves the films and has watched them both many times.