on 13 October 2011
The fun of this was all in the building. My autistic 12 year old requested it, and I was pleased that he followed the clear instructions so well. He has poor fine motor coordination, but the incentive of building Spongebob's house kept him at it, and he finished in about 3 hours. As with all Lego, the diagrams are excellent and clear.It's rare for anything to hold his attention that long. Once built, it is rather small, and play value is restricted by its fragility, the roof disconnects quite easily, and tiny tiny parts easily get lost. I imagine it would be frustrating for a smaller child who wanted it for imaginative play therefore. Box not good for storage once built, but you need to keep it in something to avoid losing bits. Keep a spare shoebox or something.

The little characters are very cute; Gary, Spongebob, Patrick and Squidward, and we all liked the details such as television, and pictures on walls. Patricks car is meant to fire some little discs, didn't really work.

Quite expensive for something that won't be played with much. Will probably dismantle and build again.
on 26 November 2010
My 6 and a half year daughter is in a "I-love-everything-about-Spongebob" period. She wanted a Spongebob Lego for months and we chose this one because her favourite Rocket Ride Lego seemed too expensive. Anyway, for me this Lego is very much worth the money because my daughter spends a lot of time playing with it and really likes it. The way the pineapple is constructed from the lego blocks is quite ingenious. The quality is as good, as we are used to expect from Lego products. So if your child is a Spongebob fan, this is an excellent choice.
on 18 October 2011
My son(9) decided to take it as a birthday gift. He is in love with Sponge Bob and lego. So he had to opportunity to combine these in one toy. When the package came he was so excited. He spent couple of hours to build it on his own without asking any help and he was so happy with the result! He said "it's beyond his expectations!". He was in love with the little details, and he is constantly developing the city with his own lego creations. A month passed and his excitement is still fresh! Thank you everyone :))
on 31 August 2010
I ordered this item for my 9 year old son and he loved building it and although he does play with it from time to time he prefers just having it on show. It does fall to bits rather easily when being played with but he has had great fun with it. I would definitely order more of the same idea.
on 22 September 2009
I bought this for my son since he's a great Spongebob fan. Most of the items were fairly easy to assemble - the pineapple was quite fiddly, especially the roof but did look very good once it was completed. My son loves it and is already asking for more Spongebob lego!!
on 9 April 2010
My seven year old loved building this lego. You can never fail with lego
on 15 June 2009
When the item was built, it wasn't as big as I expected it to be, or as much fun to play with. It was fun to build, and the instructions were easy enough to follow (I am 9). When it's built up, there isn't a lot of toy for the money - but I think that is to be expected with lego.
on 13 July 2009
well thought out toy. The design promotes thinking and focus when building. But when completed gives lots of imaginative play and scenarios whilst keeping the spirit of Spongebob and his pals...... i have now ordered 2 more sets....
on 13 April 2010
An excellent toy that develops building skills and can then be re-built as required by imagination.
on 12 November 2010
As good as any lego toy but with the fun of spongebob and friends.
All of my children love it!