on 21 May 2014
This was the first Kyjen toy I bought for my rather energetic and destructive dog and it held up so well I went on to buy another from their range.
The turtle was soft yet very hard wearing it took my dog months to actually tear any of it. The eggs were the same tough quality although the squeakers inside broke quite quickly. Overall I was very I'll impressed with the toy and my dog loved it.
on 2 December 2014
It's a fantastic toy and my dog loves it. It's not as durable as I was hoping though, although I must say my little Jack Russell is a bit of a monster. She's had it 4 days and ripped two balls and poor old 'platty' is showing signs of discomfort. Still, she absolutely loves it and hasn't really put it down!
on 4 April 2017
Great toy. my Airedale loves this toy and spends a lot of time retrieving the Egg Babies which then become a toy in their own right. Very happy with the quality and seems to be lasting well despite some rough play.
on 8 June 2017
This is the second Platypus I've purchased over the last two years because my springer loves it and, although strongly made, she preens it to death.
on 18 July 2014
My miniature dachshund absolutely loves this toy! It took him a few goes to work out how to the eggs and now he can do it every time. He brings me the eggs to put inside so he can dig about for them. He loves playing around with the squeaky eggs and always has one in his mouth. A toy usually lasts about 30 mins max before it's destroyed but this one is still alive!
on 3 May 2013
Arrived well within time. Excellent quality, expected it to be a bit bigger, but it really doesn't matter as my dog loves it. Really great service thank you. Will buy from here again.
on 18 December 2014
This was a different type of toy for my dog, and he enjoys the challenge. I have a 6-year-old OES (Old English sheepdog) and this was one of his birthday gifts. Initially he loved it as just a new, large squeaky toy. Good loud squeaking, just the way he likes it, and he ran around the house with Platypus clasped in his jaws, very excited about his new toy. Then he settles on his bed, to sniff and periodically chomp down to hear the squeak. I was surprised that this time he did not tear it apart to try to dig out the squeaky; he seemed content to leave the platypus intact. On day two I showed him the hidden pocket, and he watched me very intently as I removed a couple of the eggs, I squeaked them and he watched me place them back inside the insert. Then he tried to remove the squeaking eggs, but they were wedged in tightly, and apparently, he did not want to wreck this new toy, so he brought it back to me for some help. I removed one of the eggs to make it easier for him, and now he loves this new challenge. He gently removes the eggs and then uses them as a ball to chew and squeak, then roll them, and flick them around with his paws, much in the manner of a very large cat. It is hysterically funny to watch his antics as he devises new ways to play with this toy. Eventually when the squeaky eggs have had the squeaky completely crunched out, I have the two extra that comes with the Platypus to substitute so this toy could last a least a month.
on 12 February 2014
My one-year-old spaniel loves this toy. He especially loves the eggs, gets them out of platypus, and plays endlessly with them by moving them with his paws and chasing them. Two eggs have already succumbed because he keeps pulling little bits of fur off with his teeth. The trick is to take away the plastic squeaker before he starts chewing that too. Good, old platypus gets about the same treatment; has now two holes more than intended so my dog can get very easily to the eggs. One of these days I'll sew Mr P up, and buy some more eggs for his favourite toy so far. Four stars because it's less indestructible than you would expect, but five for fun.
on 3 November 2014
My dogs absolutely love this. Whilst one pulls the eggs out and they roll across the floor, the other fetches them back for me to refill it (and they don't normally chase balls or fetch!). Only downside is that we're playing with it so much that the housework won't get done. That said, they love it so much I've just ordered the fish and the duck!!
on 10 April 2013
I was rather sceptical about how long this toy would last with my teething, boisterous 4 month old german shepherd puppy. However after a week of radical road testing it is still in one piece and it has quickly become her favourite toy.

The Platypus comes with three squeaky plush balls (eggs) which fit inside the Patypus's tummy. In the description it says the dog will have fun getting the eggs out - my puppy has not removed one of them! The opening is very small and frankly you have to fiddle to get them through the hole in the first place. However, that being said, she loves squeaking Platypus and when the eggs are removed, they provide a great deal of fun for her as she throws them around and chases them. The Platypus has coarse fur and the stitching remains solid! It comes with 2 replacement eggs. On the whole, a great toy and worth the £8 as it keep her amused for hours!