Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £1.99 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £2.99 UK delivery
Kryptonite Evolution Mini 7 U-Lock and Cable
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Security for moderate to high crime areas
- The FlexFrame-U fits bicycle frame tubing 25 mm to 80 mm
- Vinyl coated and weatherproof
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
The Kryptonite Evolution Mini 7 Lock with 4 Foot Kryptoflex Cable Combo is an exceptionally tough and reliable security device that is reinforced throughout. Versatile lock package containing U-lock and a braided steel flexBicycle security for moderate to high crime areas, with a standard length shackle13 mm hardened Kryptonium steel shacklePatented deadbolt locking mechanism for extensive holding powerHigh security disc style cylinderReinforced sleeve over crossbar and cylinder provides enhanced security protectionReinforced internal housing increases resistance to twisting and leverage type attacksOffset key location and overhead cam locking mechanism resists leverage attacksPatented, easy to use, high security Bent Foot designAnti-Rattle bumpers keeps the shackle snug against the crossbar and prevent unnecessary noise2 keysThe Transit FlexFrame-U mounts quickly and easily and supports the transportation of the most common u-lock sizesThe Flex Frame-U fits bicycle frame tubing 25mm to 80mm whether round, oval, triangular or square shapesThe mounting system allows for 360 degree rotation providing the ability to micro-adjust the lock angle to better fit and align with a bike frames specific geometryVinyl coated and weatherproof
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Having taken a short cycle holiday recently, we left our bikes locked for the night in a well-lit area outside of our hotel in a town centre and returned the next morning to find that some light-fingered toerag had decided to have a go at them during the night. Whether they'd not had enough time or strength I can't say but they were clearly foiled by the lock and cable. They've obviously attempted to twist the cable to breaking point with some sort of bar or lever as can be seen by the damage done to the cable. Whilst the cable needs to be replaced and there's damage to the paintwork on my bike and to the bracket on the lock itself, both bikes are still in our possession and we're very glad about it.
The lock is still perfectly usable (as is the cable really although it's pretty mangled - 1 strand of cabling did give way) but decided to buy a second one rather than simply replace the cable (which is obviously the weaker of the 2 components). I've never used the bracket anyway (as many people have said, the fixing isn't the greatest so the lock always lives in one of our rack bags that sit on the top of the pannier racks) so the damage to this isn't an issue for us.
I'm really pleased to be able to provide some solid evidence on the strength of the locks whilst still having our bikes - unsettling though the experience may have been. We simply took the view that the would-be thief left frustrated and we still had the bikes so didn't let it put a dampener on the holiday.
Thanks Kryptonite - money well spent.
- Small enough for bag, coat pocket and large back pocket on men's jeans but not mine!
- Lighter than similar locks of this size from other brands
- Key mechanism is smooth and secure
- Sturdy and durable
- VERY GOOD PRICE!
- Fits a large bike (I have a very large men's bike and it fits, snugly, but it fits!)
- I have not used the connection onto the frame as I tend to either put it in my bag or just wrap it around the frame depending on my journey.
- Good bright colour and I think this adds as a deterrent to would-be-theives as the Kryptonite brand is known for their toughness
- D-lock and cable lock combination
** GOOD INFO** I was once left a note on my bike by the local police who had graded all of the bikes in the area on how well they were locked. The extra info stated that the most effective way of locking the bike is for the D-lock to be threaded through the frame and front tyre (front?! - 90% sure it's front as that's the wheel that's easier to remove) and the cable to be threaded through the back tyre and locked onto the D-lock. The straight part of the D-lock is to ideally be rested on the opposite side of the metal bike lock frame. The reasons for this are:
- The straight part could be dislodged by a sledgehammer so having it against a non-stable surface such as the tyre makes this very difficult/impossible
- Two different locks (ie, solid metal and cable) are to be used together as when it comes to law enforcement, if someone is caught carrying one tool such as bolt cutters (with no obvious reason such as their employment) then there is no real reason to suspect anything. However if someone is caught with two tools that can be used for 2 different types of lock for no obvious reason - this can show intent to steal a bike or other devious crimes and are more likely to be in trouble thus saving you from a potential bike thief! Maybe others have heard this and can corroborate?
Either way, it is much safer to use two locks to secure your precious mode of transport.
Highly Recommend! Very Good Egg :)
- D-lock small but large enough to get round thin lamp-posts. Standard width.
- Fairly lightweight due to size
- Coating prevents rust
- 3 keys, the main of which has an LED built in for unlocking at night
- Turnable cover blocks key-hole preventing internal rust
- Locking mechanism smooth, as yet no 'stickyness'
- Cord locks front wheel.
- Cord can be easily carried around the torso
- Cheap price on Amazon
- Nice distinguishable colour
- The D-lock holder that connects to the frame is useless. The simple tightening mechanism comes loose quickly along any small bumps in the road. Which is a pain as the lock swings round into the pedalling zone.
Luckily the lock fits into a back pocket
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews