on 16 August 2009
The lock is cheap and easy to carry, making it useful as a spare...one would think.
Its failing lies in the locking mechanism, on leaving outside a local shopping centre I came back just in time to find it being 'tested'. On closer inspection I was lucky I used two of the locks as they had broken one (just using brute strength pulling at the lock) and almost broken the other one.

Not recommended for anything other than very low security applications.
on 15 November 2011
I wouldn't buy this again as the code system is too finicky. It's difficult to get the numbers all lined up
on 21 August 2013
I got this to keep our garden gates closed to stop my little twins escaping. I wanted a code instead of a key because there are a good few of us coming and going. Its been on an outside gate for a long long time now and works perfectly. All the grown ups know the code and can come and go and it doesn't budge when the little ones try!! Highly recommend.
on 8 January 2013
Not a very sturdy product and disappointed that the combination of numbers cannot be changed on the item. Postage back for returns was too high so had to keep
on 20 October 2012
Bit thinner than I thought and comes with a number you can't change but it is an effective protection method for your bike and strong enough to deter a thief. It is much easier than fiddling with keys in the rain!!!!
on 17 September 2013
Bought as a simple ski lock. Lot cheaper than most ski locks, and probably more secure than most in that category. I consider it is a reasonably effective visual deterrent. It does not give high security - but then, what do you expect at just over a fiver. Not for use on anything too valuable, or where goods left in secluded spot where thief has time. But it would be hassle and noisy to break, and might just put someone off yours and onto someone else's property.
on 29 August 2013
I bought this product and it didn't last a single day out on the roads. The very first day I parked my bike outside of the secure parking of my office, it got stolen. Upon closer inspection the product review does say it is meant for accesories, I would recommend Krytonite's D-lock for all first time buyers out there.
on 14 August 2013
Lightweight and easy to use. not too heavy so don't feel like Marley's ghost covered in chains. Nice and long for when you find yourself in awkward places.
on 23 December 2014