Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Krisk Bean Stringer and Slicer
|Price:||£4.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Please be aware that unless expressly indicated otherwise, product packaging may vary from what is shown on this listing. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our listing. Please always read the labels, warning and directions provided before using or consuming the product.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Este útil utensilio prepara fácilmente las vainas de judías verdes. Elimina las hebras y rebana las vainas frescas en una sola acción.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
It features a blade at the top, which enables you to chop the ends off of the beans. The beans are then passed through a sliding spacer into more blades that both strip the edges from the bean as it passes through and cuts it into strips as you do so. If the bean is stringy or too wide, it won't go through the mechanism - the traditional slicers stop stringy beans but are able to cope with larger beans than this slicer.
I found it a little tricky to use initially, but I soon got the hang of it and I ended up with nicely chopped beans in a short amount of time. I suppose the integral blade to remove the ends helps speed up the process, but you can achieve much the same using a knife (it just takes a bit more time) and I never was all that bothered about removing the edges. I suppose it is okay, but I'm sentimental and would prefer to use my mum's traditional slicer instead - if I hadn't given it to my sister.
The beans are sometimes too thick or too old therefore they become tough and stringy. This is the perfect little device to prepare the beans properly to overcome the texture.
- It lasts for years and years
- Strings the beans to get rid of the unchewable irritating bit
- Reduces the cooking time of the green beans by slitting them into slices as well as allowing them to become as tender as possible
- Easy to clean
- Comes with an extremely sharp top blade to cut tips and ends as you do not want them in your food
- Blades are extremely sharp and does not require effort to push the beans through
My suggestion is if you are using relatively younger, thinner beans you have to check that you're putting in the actual slices with the flesh, not the ones with just the skin and the string.
Is a must have tool to make a better, tender green bean dish. Recommended to everyone.
Can not go wrong with this brand.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We have a glut of beans at the moment and this little device has more than paid for itself in time saved. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Amazon Customer
Well the packaging was nice. Bought this based on the 5 star reviews. I should have read the 1 star ones. Read morePublished 1 month ago by J Saddington
I used to spend ages slicing up beans some were thin others thick !! so hello to the Krish Bean stringer...... I love it say no more !!!Published 1 month ago by Dianne
This is an excellent gadget. Just as I like my beans - cut in thin strips. Had one for years and it wore out. Had to get another one!Published 2 months ago by carmel
This is an essential little gadget to have in your kitchen draw if you love runner beans like I do. It will easily slice your beans into long thin strips while at the same time... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Ted Nu
Ordered this for my cousin in Canada - she swears by them and won't use any other make.Published 2 months ago by Cyprus living
I had my wife & mother-in-law guffing at this as I unwrapped it - but guff no more. This little gem makes light work of my home grown runner beans. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Dr Pepper