- Also check our best rated Pc Game reviews
Krater - Collector's Edition (PC DVD)
|Price:||£3.99 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Platform: Windows XP / Vista / 7
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Krater is a lush post-apocalyptic top down action RPG, based on gameplay elements such as crafting, exploration and consequence. Extensive crafting (craft unique abilities, weapons and items) and character persistence where both injuries and experience work in conjunction are key elements to evolve the player’s team over time. Krater combines combat mechanics of action-RPGs with top-down tactics of classic old-school dungeon crawlers.
Krater is Swedish for crater. The game takes place in a post-apocalyptic world around a gigantic impact crater where cities have been built on and even whole nations emerged from the rubble and aftermath of a huge bomb explosion. The centre of the crater is an abyss that stretches deeper into Earth than anyone has ever been able to dig.
One of the players’ main goals is to build a team and try to get as deep as possible into the abyss. The game world offers several joinable factions and groups, such as the Free-diggers, for example, bands of fortune seekers who compete with each other to excavate valuable pre-armageddon technology from an endless system of tunnels, caves and bunkers, called the Underside.
Krater is a colourful gaming experience, where genre-typical deserts are replaced by nordic pine forests and red wooden cottages.
- Seamless blend of Co-op and Single Player - use and develop your characters in both single- and multi-player missions
- Unlimited Adventure - no matter how deep you crawl, there is always more to explore in an open game world
- Face the consequences - your characters must cope with the dangers of Krater - if not they will face the threat of permanent injuries or even death
- Craft Everything - from items, weapons and gear, to your own characters' abilities and powers, you can craft it all with Krater’s extensive crafting system
- Uniquely Persistent Characters - evolve your team of odd personalities as they take on new characteristics from abilities
- Expandable Adventure - future DLC adventure modules promise to expand the world of Krater by offering exciting new campaigns
- The full game
- Dr Cerberus special character pack
- Krater soundtrack-CD
- 40-page “The Art of Krater” book, designed exclusively for this retail version of Krater
- A double-sided poster
Top customer reviews
Its an open and free roaming world and you can explore wherever you want if you are tough enough- you find out fast if you are not as upon entering a dungeon- a little message telling you the threat level pops up and you can leave straight away if its higher than your abilities at that time! there is also an option you can choose which will remove your team from the dungeon to the world map with a single click- even if you are 5 levels down in your explorations. I was really glad about this (although do feel a bit like I am cheating when I dont fight my way back through all those levels) but its good for if you need to leave fast!
The soundtrack is also great- and fits with what you are doing at the time ie metal for fights, intrepid explorer music for wandering around etc.
The missions can be collected as in all good RPG'S and without ruining some of the very funny ones- there is the classic rat in the basement one- which my team all groaned about!!
you level up by crafting or finding boosters and implants which you then insert into your body by operating on yourself- the different combinations you choose have different effects ie strength, intelligence, defence.
I am really enjoying this game because for me- RPG's must be engaging- I want to build up my characters by choosing in what way they will develop, get to know the world they and I are in, understand the story so far for them and that world, try dungeons that are too hard just to test my characters and then run away to level up- Krater does all these things and I can choose how I play- no looooong cut scenes every few minutes- just gameplay.
back of the box states :
no support for windows xp or direct x 9
so buyers beware as the ad indicates xp as platform
I have not been able to play the game so can't comment on gameplay or content