Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
Konig USB Smart Card Reader
|Price:||£9.95 FREE UK delivery.|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Stylish designed Smart Card Reader supporting several international standards, suitable for authentication and electronic payment
- It can be generally applied to Smartcard read/write terminal devices, such as ATM and POS terminal, public telephone, E-commerce, personal consumption on internet, personal certification, Prepay system etc
- The Smart Card Reader supports multiple international standards including ISO7816 for IC card standard, PC/SC 1.0 for Windows standard
- Microsoft WHQL, EMV for European Master card visa standard and USB-IF CCID standard
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Founded in 1982, NEDIS has grown to become one of the European market leaders in consumer electronics. We offer an extensive assortment of cables & connectors, computer and energy products. In addition, NEDIS offers a wide range of consumer electronics, A/V accessories, photography accessories, digital TV, and security accessories as well as domestic appliances<P>König stands for quality and competitive priced consumer electronics which make your life easier and more comfortable. We offer a fitting solution to all your electronic needs varying from A/V accessories and cables to multimedia products, all with a focus on making your life easier. Come home in a world of König, and enjoy the quality solutions we have to offer<P>Listen to your favourite music, watch a TV program or movie, get the most out of your game console at home and communicate easier with friends, family and colleagues wherever you are. Find information faster, control your PC with ease and secure your properties with one of the König security systems. Next to that König helps you to capture your most valuable moments and to keep a close eye on your health. Do you aspire a DJ-ing or artistic career? König helps you to fulfil this dream with spectacular products for both advanced as beginning DJ´s, bands or singers<P>That´s our focus: Enhance your world by offering you high quality and fresh technology against a very competitive price setting<P>König, Your World, Our Technology
1 x Smart Card Reader
Care & Use Instructions
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
- It works (only reading tested)
- Standard compliant and Linux compatible (as far as I could test)
- Works with eID cards (Portuguese ID - Cartão do Cidadão - tested)
- Cheapest unit shipping internationally
- Extremely flimsy cable: my unit disconnects by merely *moving* the cable
- User unfriendly: place card chip *facing down*, and of course chip in first. Not obvious at all.
When combining the above two, card position with the flimsy connection, you may spend upwards of 20 minutes just to figure out why the card doesn't read, because even when you get the card placement right you perhaps moved the unit cord while it was reading and you are left scratching your head and wondering which one is the right position or if you did something wrong.
Overall, it works, but I'm not sure it will last long. Keep that in mind when buying this product.
Will not connect via my laptop's USB 3 ports, so having to use the USB 2/eSATA combo port, can be a bit temperamental, but I think that is the port not the reader.
Win7 x64 detected and setup straight away.
Works well for certificate/signing uses
I bought one and could not get it to work on my Macbook Pro on Mavericks.
Check the manufacturer webpage ofr more info: http://www.konigelectronic.com/en_us/computer/memory-storage/1088998
I have a bunch of smartcard readers and this is the *only* one that works that way. All the other ones go chip-side up. Really..... :/ Of course there's no indication that it's going in wrong, the light glows orange just as it does when you put it in the right way. No writing on it or even an icon to suggest this.
It goes in with a satisfying click, a bit better in that way than the others I have (especially the Soyntec one) on which it is hard to feel if the card is in all the way.
Anyway I just thought I'd post it here about the upside down thing (even though I'm not the only one mentioning this :) as I'm hoping to spare others the 15 minutes hunting around checking software and drivers before realising it.