Customer reviews

on 25 June 2009
I purchased this guillotine because I thought it would address my large paper trimming problems. With the paper guide I thought I was getting an aid that would help make sure all my papers were the same size. Hmmmm..... It does, sort of, but.....!

1. There is no paper clamp to ensure the paper is kept in place while you cut. Yes you can use fingers and I have but I ended up making a makeshift paper 'clamp' to help me hold the larger pieces of paper in place while I cut them. I found I ended up with slightly wobbly cuts without it.

2. The paper aligner supplied is wonky. So the part joining the guillotine is the only useful bit because the rest tapers off to the left and if used would ruin the right angle needed for my pages.

The cutting blade is fine. The construction okay for the price but for the want of a piece of tough plastic to guide and hold the paper this would be a great little guillotine but without them I can't recommend it.
11 Comment| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 February 2017
Had a chip in the blade which I had to dress out with a file but once I'd done this it worked ok
on 8 April 2017
Not what i expected. no blade?
No instructions.
on 23 May 2017
Thought it looked ok but does not cut at all straight...cutting blade a bit bent !!
on 8 March 2017
Good
on 14 February 2013
Really fabulous piece of kit. The cut is great and measurements accurate and easy to set. Distance from gauge to blade, spot on. Wished I had had this years ago! Would definitely recommend.
22 Comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 April 2009
I always thought guillotines were too expensive for what is for me, a hobby. However, worn out by flimsy cutters and trying to get a good edge on scissors I researched the price of guillotines and found this one was affordable and did all I needed in my cardmaking. Having tried it out on birthday and Easter cards, it's great and saved me so much time.
on 27 January 2013
superb bit of kit...wish i had purchased this when i originally was looking for a paper cutter...wasted money on
a more expensive product which only lasted just over a year......highly recommend this product
on 4 May 2013
created my whole wedding invites, table decs etc using this! cuts straight, neat with no snares or drag. Great price too!
on 20 April 2013
Good value for money and does what I wanted it to do. I would recommend it to all future buyers.