on 31 May 2017
Cats love to play with it
on 15 June 2017
My cats love it and spend hours rolling around with it.
on 1 February 2011
I have a very fussy stubborn 7 year old cat who rarely plays with any toy and until now never took any interest in catnip. Despite this I still waste money on buying him toys in the hope that I will strike lucky and get something he will show interest in. Well I certainly struck lucky here!! I was alerted to the fact the postman had been by hearing him going crazy in the hall where I found him on his back wrestling with the package, after fighting the package off the cat I managed to get the toy out where he immediately pounced on it and refused to let go! I was very tempted to give this a bad review to try and insure the seller doesn't sell out as I will be buying many more.
on 29 August 2017
This product is very suitable for me, simple design and reasonable price, the product is very good. very good product, especially in such a low price to buy it, I am very happy. Though there was a little problem, I contacted the seller and offered pictures, she send me a replacement in one minute. It appears like it will meet our needs well. Does exactly what it is supposed to do,nothing more,nothing less The second time to buy This is such a genius product! I
on 19 March 2011
Along with her new Kickeroo my cat is now enjoying the fun to be had with her Hugga Wubba (great names, eh!). It's not too large and as it resembles an octopus, she can amuse herself with each of the "tentacles" and the little bell ringing whilst she plays. The catnip is doing its work. She's spoilt for choice with this toy and her Kickeroo to choose between.
Well worth purchasing and cheaper than the vet prices too. Everyone's happy.
I like to buy toys from time to time to keep the cats interested and, even though they love their Zebedee catnip mice, they have found that other catnip products can also be of interest - as long as I know that anything else is an addition and not replacement for Zebedee, of course.

Anyway, they tried out this particular toy a few months ago; well, when I say tried out, they actually just ignored it. It is quite large and I suspect that is the main reason for the lack of interest, although they are usually keen to checkout anything catnip related and even the catnip content of this failed to engage them even for a moment. The best reaction they gave was to briefly sniff the toy before snuggling down to sleep facing the other way. Even the strung version on a pole did not make them engage.

Perhaps I just hit the jackpot when I found Zebedee catnip mice several years ago, a toy that all of the cats simply love; this Hugga Wubba has fallen short of their (probably very high) expectations. Other reviewers cats seem to love this, so it is possible the ones I had were old stock and no longer had the enticing catnip attractant, but I wont be trying any more for my cats.
on 11 January 2012
I did have a video of one my cats rolling around kicking and biting the toy but it cannot be uploaded, but after a few nights of both my cats fighting over it I ended up buying a second octopus for my other cat so they could fight with the toys together in harmony and not fight with each other. It has been a year since then and though they play with the toys less than they used to I still hear them jingling it some nights, and a little bit of catnip does the trick. I once woke up to find the octopus in one of my kitty's bed, that's how much he loved it!
on 2 February 2013
I have bought a few Kong Cat toys already, the squirrel and the beaver. Both of these products had a "secret" and "patented" compartment to put Catnip into. They both also came with Catnip supplied in a separate container.
My cat has never responded to Catnip in 10 years then these first two toys really got her going. I was delighted and bought both this toy and the "Kong Hugga Wubba Cat" expecting both to come with the Catnip container and a compartment to put some of it into the toy, just like the previous Kong toys.

Both these products have neither and my cat has shown no interest in either.

I would buy the previous type of toys again as I believe the fact you can add more fresh catnip makes them work. But these toys are just like all the others that exist, catnip as been pre-installed and cant be replaced.
I find this odd as Kong products have been instructing that their Catnip be kept in a fridge to maintain freshness when its not yet needed.

Expensive useless toy :(
on 10 January 2011
This was a Christmas present to our cat who has often ignored more expensive presents. She smelt it under the Christmas tree, unwrapped it and still regularly plays with it.
on 6 December 2016
My 16 year old cat is the most stubborn wee lady now she's getting older and I felt bad that nothing was interesting her in regards to toys and playtime. Bought her this to give it another try and omg she loves it! She reminds me of a trex holding down the leg parts with one paw and attacking the head with her teeth, chewing and rubbing her cheeks and head against it. She loves it. Almost made me cry to see her happy and like a little kitten again! Will look into the other varieties, to buy her another once she has demolished it!