Size: 32GB w/ Micro USB Reader|Change

on 8 September 2010
I was a little sceptical about this as no one else seems to be selling class 6 32GB Micro SD cards at the moment and I have never heard of Komputerbay. There was no need to worry. The card turned up quickly, has about 30GB usable storage and has a write speed of about 6MB/s so is class 6. It is now full and works fine in both the PC and my HTC desire.
33 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 July 2011
Bought this as expansion storage for my eee pad transformer and it works just fine. The usb reader is great and has allowed me to transfer a load of data across from my laptop with minimum fuss. Happily recommend it to anyone with similar requirements.
on 12 December 2012
After having had issues with a couple of class 10 micro SD cards from a well known manufacturer, when looking for an SD card for my Sony Xperia phone, I decided to try this class 6 product and was not disappointed. I first ran a complete write/read back test on the whole 32Gb with no issues and since installing it in my phone, it has functioned perfectly. If you want a card to use primarily for video capture, then stick with a class 10 as these are optimised for serial access. However for a phone, random access is often a more critical criteria and a true class 6 product like this is just the job.
on 12 December 2011
bought this for my hubby for his HTC Desire S phone. He loved it and for the price, why not just get something decent for the many large space taking files we like to collect these days! Will never fill it, thousands of tunes, photos, videos... loads of room.

No problems at this stage, can't see any reason for experiencing any in the future, a good product that does what you want it to do. No reports of phone freezing with large external storage.

Arrived in specified time, have no problem recommending seller or product and would use their services again.

Sorry if not much product info, if you have any questions just message in comment and if I get a notification I'll come back with what I know or can find out.

Cheers!
on 28 February 2012
This product has cost me in total, £70. For about a half a year I used my Sansa Clip+ with a 16gb Sandisk microSD card, with no problems at all.

Then one day I make the mistake of thinking "actually, I need more space, I will go for a 32gb card". so I have a look on here (amazon) and this seems like a good deal, with some good reviews, what could possibly go wrong.

The answer? Everything that could possibly go wrong, went wrong. Not only has the card completely died (won't even allow me to format it) but it has also killed my Sansa Clip+ as part of the deal. So now I need to replace my mp3 player, and get a new microSD card which is going to cost £70.

Just what I needed, thanks Komputerbay.
on 31 July 2011
I purchased this for my HTC Desire Z. It works well. I have tested the write / read speed using SD Tools from the Android Market. My results were:

Average Write Speed: 4.9 MB/s
Average Read Speed: 15.7 MB/s

The phone came with a Class 4 SanDisk 8GB card which got the following results:

Average Write Speed: 5.4 MB/s
Average Read Speed: 12.1 MB/s

So the write speed was actually slower than the old class 4 but the read was faster.

This does not deliver class 6 performance but given the price it is still pretty good.
on 4 July 2011
Was not to sure about this seller as i also never heard of them. I have purchased 3 other 32gb cards from other sites and they have all been faulty (non brands or dodgy sellers). However this arrived super fast and i have been using it for a few days now and all seems good. It only had 30GB storage as the rest is used for formatting ect.
Apart from all that, i'm very happy with it and i have already recommended it to others. As many people are finding dodgy SD cards online.....
So go for it, its the cheapest and it works, plus the adapters are a god send.... :)
on 21 August 2013
I got this for a digital camera so far its great loads of room stores thousands of high definition pictures. I've also used the video recorder on the camera no problems there either.

Its a genuine class 6. I checked it with h2testw and in a phone using SD tools. No errors, completely reliable and write speeds high enough to count as a class 8 if there was such a class.

I've bought from komputerbay (kompubay) quite a few times over the last ten years, I,m still using their own computer memory in one of my desktops from eight plus years ago, and a memory card that's about five years old amongst others. So far I've found all their own brand products to be high class very reliable and long lasting and I really hammer all my tech gear so they have all been through a wringer.

I would definitely recommend komputerbay to anyone.
on 21 January 2014
The card itself and adapter is much of a muchness to be honest - it works and thats about all you can really say about SDHC cards in a review..
The little SD USB adapter is a brilliant little gadget - despite the fact its tiny it has boot capability and works well although it can get a little hot sometimes. Its worth buying this just for the USB/SD adapter to be honest although I think you can get them separately on Amazon. Recommended - especially if you are in the habit of dual booting using something like Android x86..
on 3 May 2012
I purchased this 32GB Micro SD card to go with my new HTC mobile phone,
so to make the most of my new phone I can store ALL my MP3 music & DVD digital copy films you now get with blu-ray films, plus all the photos you just don't won't to delete. The Class 6 makes for quick transfer of files ect.
My laptop and PC both have a SD card slot built in "but only one slot" so its now simple to just drag and drop stuff from other SD cards by making use of the SD card to USB high speed reader with this kit.
I was joking with my lad that it was not that long ago that we had to pay more than this just for a few hundred MB, yet alone my old Sinclair spectrum 48K I paid more than a hundred for in the 80's.
You gota laugh.
A good kit to keep every thing precious safely stored on whats less than the size of a postage stamp.
I am trying my hardest to fill it up, its goner take a while.
I also purchased a SD card hard case wallet "a must" to keep all the now old low 2&4GB cards together so i can now use in the car radio. "micro" they are small and easy to miss place.