on 16 November 2016
This seems to have been cobbled together from a variety of sources most of which you could have discovered for yourself with a quick internet search. I can overlook the typos and the appalling grammatical errors, but there are glaring contradictions and inaccuracies in the advice given - early on in the book we are told that the longer we leave the brew to ferment, the sweeter it will become! What absolute tosh! She writes the exact opposite later on. A lot of the material is paraphrased from Alick and Mari Bartholomew's
Book- Kombucha Tea For Your Health And Healing.
In the author's defence, there is not really a lot to write about Kombucha brewing. It is a fairly simple process that does not require a lengthy explanation but it would help immeasurably if the author proof read the manuscript, checked that the information given was correct and cut out the waffle.
on 9 April 2017
Concise overview, good as a quick intro to some of kombucha health claims and useful practicals tips for making it home.
on 18 March 2017
Very informative, short, sweet and helpful. Can't wait to stop buying it and start brewing it! Interesting read, couple of typos
on 24 July 2014
Very effective. This book is full of information and well created. The ideas from the author are well detailed and make sense to the end reader - gives really good detail on how to give support our immune system etc..
on 23 April 2016
The book is obviously written by a Kombucha enthusiast, and provides a decent introduction. Reading it was enjoyable and informative. I think I have enough information to start my own culture, although I would have preferred the instructions to be presented in a clearer step wise format for better clarity.
on 21 August 2016
I find the instructions easy to understand and will start on my first batch once I am back from my holiday.
on 17 February 2015
Very easy to read with the main useful topics covered so that I could start my kombucha journey right away.
on 10 August 2016