Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit

on 16 June 2014
great for a weekend day pack easily added to via molle loops . ideal grab or bug out bag for survivalist .
on 27 June 2016
I bought two of these - first one in March 2014 and the second in June 2016 .
The second one has thinner material and is lighter , I suspect its 600D denier not 1000D
I gave my first rucksack to my brother so will make a better comparison when they're side by side

Cutting corners can cost you when your in the middle of no-where . The new rucksack needs to earn my trust or it gets binned.
Just compaired the rucksack against my 120 litre Bergen and I know that has 1000D material and the 40 litre has thinner material !
Since the shoulder straps are not connected directly to the back of the rucksack , having a large pocket between them when you add an internal bladder it sags to the floor of the rucksack . The rucksack is designed to carry the weight on the hip belt in the true military way not the shoulders .
The more I use it the less impressed I am - NO stars
on 30 April 2014
The only reason I have not given this 5 stars is that I have not used it sufficiently to test how this will stand up to long term use. In saying that it does appear to be well made and very practical. It does not mention in the description that there are 3 velcro closing access holes on the top of the bag that will accomodate water bladder tubes or leads for headphones etc and als an internal pocket in the main compartment that will accept a camelback bladder.
So with the acceptance that I have not yet prooven this with long term use, it does appear very good value.
on 3 October 2016
I bought this as a grab bag for the car, its well made and feels robust. It has enough pockets, and attachment points to add any number of other bolt ons. The pockets are plastic lined in most cases, although not fully lined so I doubt it would stand up to being immersed, it should however do fine for a normal drenching but I would still recommend a dry bag for cloths and electronics.
There are loads of attachment points inside and out and everything feels well made. The zips (often first to go on cheaper bags) look heavy and solid, and the material feels tough. The 3 velco covers for water pouches are a nice touch and these openings could be easily used for headphone wires, a solar panel charger, as well as drinking tubes.
If you want a grab bag for emergencies, a city commuter bag, hand luggage or a tough weekender this is ideal, its a nice size and packs down well although I wouldn't recommend it for long distance hill walking, especially overnighters, as I feel its weight to size ratio doesn't lend itself for long trips, it would do fine for a day out. I do note that the shoulder straps are thinner than I would like for very long periods of use and might cut in with a heavy load, but again they feel solid and it is a tactical bag.
on 29 March 2014
Just can't go wrong with one of these. Although I doubt the 40 litre capacity (seems smaller), with the bolt on accessories/pouches it means you can pretty much design your own high quality bergen. The pouches can amount to be alittle on the expensive side (especially if you're buying several) but for it's quality and personalisation it's well worth the initial investment. Highly recommended.
on 13 May 2014
exactly what I was looking for..a good build and good material etc..nice straps
delivered in good time..will shop from Kombat again
on 17 June 2014
A well made bag with lots of room and plenty of hanging places well worth the money what more can l say
on 11 February 2014
The pack arrived very quickly and was exactly as described. There is a good size main compartment with two additional pockets. The stitching looks robust but the zips are a little stiff. This was soon solved with a little bees wax rubbed along the teeth. Plenty of Molle straps that appear to be well stitched to the pack. Great value.
on 2 November 2014
This bag is like maxpedition bag quality ad i have a maxpedition bag and this is just as good if not better for,I paid £38 this bag is epic its comfy to wear and is very spacey and fits my bladder pack like a charm can not ask for a better bag or the money
on 7 July 2014
great product very happy should last me a long time