Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £1.99 UK delivery
+ £2.03 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Champion Jockey (Wii)
|Price:||£12.23 FREE UK delivery.|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Nintendo Wii
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: Nintendo Wii
Champion Jockey uses the motion control functionality of the Wii to simulate the jockey experience with a high degree of accuracy and gameplay potential. Players will learn how to use the horse's reins and whip as well shifting their body-weight to ride their thorough-bred to victory. In addition to controlling their horse, players must understand its unique rhythm, potential, stamina and preferred racing style to truly master the game.
For players looking for a more accessible experience, Champion Jockey will include control modes that tone down authenticity and maximize the physical, accessible fun of motion control. Champion Jockey will be a horse racing experience that everyone can enjoy.
Champion Jockey will also support a host of Network features - a large step-forward for horse racing video games. Online Multiplayer Races, Live Jockey Rankings and a range of DLC will be available to players.
Finally, Champion Jockey's development team have put great effort into reproducing the European and Japanese horse racing world - incorporating both flat and jump racing. Players will feel the unique thrill of competing in detailed realizations of the European and Japanese horse racing worlds.
- The jockey experience: Drive your horse, use your whip, jump fences, and experience real life horse racing action! In addition to controlling their horse, players must understand it's unique rhythm, potential, stamina and preferred racing style to truly master the game
- Real world inspired tracks: Race on a total of 19 different tracks inspired by real world horse racing tracks, including American-style tracks focusing primarily on dirt tracks and steeplechases, and traditional turf tracks
- Accessible "Fun Race Mode": You don't need to be a serious horse racing fan to race in Champio
Get back in the saddle for some serious thoroughbred Horse Racing action!
Champion Jockey: G1 Jockey & Gallop Racer is the spiritual successor of the G1 Jockey and Gallop Racer series, and depicts the Horse Racing universe through a collection of real world races and immersive and intuitive gameplay with simple controls. Through the use of the latest motion controllers on the market, experience what it feels like to be a Jockey!
- The Jockey Experience: Use the Xbox360 Kinect PlayStationMove or the Wii Remote & Nunchuk to drive your horse, use your whip, jump fences, and experience real life Horse Racing action! In addition to controlling their horse, players must understand it’s unique rhythm, potential, stamina and preferred racing style to truly master the game.
- Real World Inspired Tracks: Race on a total of 19 different tracks inspired by real world horse racing tracks, including American-style tracks focusing primarily on dirt tracks and steeplechases, and traditional turf tracks.
- Accessible "Fun Race Mode": You don’t need to be a serious Horse Racing fan to race in Champion Jockey. An available “Fun Race Mode” tones down the simulation levels of authenticity to maximize the fun of using motion controls to race horses.
Top Customer Reviews
Like the first GI Jockey, there is quite a long learning curve. It is NOT a game to be quickly picked up in a few minutes - so not really a game for groups. But is very enjoyable once you get the hang of it.
The story element is enjoyable for a sole player, though expect some frustration when you get to the 'training your horse bit' as it's difficult and the instructions leave something to be desired. I think some graphics changes are for the worse. Where you have to exercise the horse before a race on lap times, I'm pretty sure the old graphics had the furlong lengths marked on the track. Now you are supposed to guess where they are via the timer.
All in all it is a tad disappointing that there has been no real new innovations to it that work really well. I would have preferred they left the controls as they were. As in the previous game, the instructions for the more complex elements are non-existent - so expect some initial head banging before you work it out (do a lot of no.2 to restart the training or you will be there forever). However it is still an enjoyable game if you spend the time on it to learn the movements.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very good for a laugh. Camera out, record players action add music post on youtube and chucklePublished 21 months ago by Mr. J. R. Brine
Very repetitive game however my sister enjoys it so it's good for that use. Think about it before you buyPublished on 28 May 2014 by Alice Comer
Mi brother loved it and laughed his head off fat this as he is usually in the bookies, lol .Published on 9 Jan. 2014 by Peter Wetherell
very good game love how u feel like u are riding the horse . . . . . . . .Published on 22 Mar. 2013 by kel
My daughter is a bit nerdy so she got the hang of the controls pretty quickly. This game is quite addictive and she can't get enough of it.Published on 9 Jan. 2013 by KO