Customer reviews

on 8 June 2012
I have owned a Kodak colour printer only since April of this year. According to my print cartridge usage during that time I have printed out 450 pages, I have used the introductory black and colour cartridges which print 60 pages and am being told my ink levels are low in the 390 page black and colour cartridges I replaced the previous cartridges with. I am not a big printer, most of our work is text based, some with small pictures. I know I have not printed anything like 450 pages on this printer. I don't even possess 450 sheets of paper and I have never printed photo's out onto photo printer with this printer.

I bought this printer because of Kodak's claims of 'print more pay less' and 'beautifully cheap printing'. What can I say, I think its a con, how can they get away with the page numbers on the print cartridges. It surely must be against the Trades Descriptions act. I purchased my first set of print cartridges with a great deal of confidence because I was dealing with Kodak and I believed in them.

In reality I have printed out no more than 30 pages from the first set of inks and about 100 at most from the second. This is expensive printing, also the cartridges both run out at the same time and, the colour one which has three separate ink reservoirs runs out of three colours at the same time, or at least thats what they report. I don't believe this can be.

In terms of this product I was charged P&P (was expecting free delivery) and product price plus P&P made item more expensive than on my local high street. 12.98 for cartridge, 1.99 for P&P = 14.97 in total, Tesco's last night 12.99. Don't think I shall bother again. I am keeping count of my printouts and will try to update this review when this cartridge has run out. If everyone did this maybe Kodak could get a truer picture of their products.
33 Comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 December 2016
Very disappointed had to remove even though the gauge said it was still half full. Missing yellow ink so colour was not right
on 25 January 2015
Total rip-off! As soon as my ink cartridges need replacing, as they often do, despite very little use, I will dump the printer and go back to HP printers as they are so reliable. I totally agree with all the adverse criticism of these cartridges. Funnily enough, they both need replacing at the same time, despite the fact I try very hard not to print in colour.
on 22 January 2013
Printing ink is very expensive but I find that Kodak is good value, it does seem to last longer than other inks
on 1 October 2016
No way do these last as claimed. We hardly ever use coloured ink yet it runs out almost as frequently as the black. I think it dries out rather than being used and I will never have a combined ink printer again - too much waste. I only bought the Kodak printer because it claimed to be the cheapest on ink yet the old HP we have is far more economical and we do print coloured pages on that.
on 10 June 2015
Not as cheap as they were, but still the best ink for my Kodak all in one. The cheap refill inks sold online were very much inferior, and one supplier caused me real problems with fouling of the print head. Took a while - and a lot of soaking in IPA - to get it back to reasonable print quality.
on 1 December 2012
I ran out of ink and was in a rush to replace my cartridge - this came faster than I'd expected and was correct in every way as well as being a good price and the genuine article.

I recommend this seller.
on 16 September 2013
came very quick but I managed to print 2 pages then it ran out of ink what a waist of money if I could give it 0 stars I would will keep getting my ink from Tesco more expensive but better quality of ink
on 11 November 2014
I have had a Kodak printer for 2 years and whilst it works fine in normal use I don't get any where near the number of printed pages the manufacturer claims from these cartridges.
on 15 September 2016
I decided to settle the "how many pages do you get" debate once and for all, so kept a running log. The total number of pages printed before it ran out? 87.