Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 11 December 2005
This camera is ideal for first timers, its very easy to use, easy to get to grips with setting up the software and produces prints equal to some of the expensive cameras. Once the software is loaded onto the pc it takes seconds to download your latest shots. The colour is superb and I cannot fault it in any way.
on 13 November 2005
this camera is great for what i want as i am taking it skiing with me this christmas!The only downside i have found is that if you are taking pictures of small items inside then the flash is WAY TO BRIGHT!!Everything in the picture turns out white!! Great value for money and would recommend to any who wants a cheap outdoor camera! Hopefully it will carry on working after i have been skiing with it!
0Comment| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 May 2006
Very easy to understand and use. Basic camera, good value for money. Look forward to taking more photos with this camera than with my previous, complicated and more expensive

Samsung.
on 8 August 2006
simply a brilliant little camera. This was the first digital camera I have bought and I am completely happy with it, picture quality is just what i want and I am able to take many many pics with the SD card it has, over 600

Battery life seems very good, although I do use it for short times really, never more than 5 minuets so far.

Well worth the money if bought for around £50, anything more is a little to expensive for the camera though
on 21 August 2007
The Kodak C300 is a fine starter product for those wanting to embark upon a passion for photography, or simply for capturing special family and holiday moments.

The image quality is still very good at 3.2 megapixels and the 5x zoom still manages to produce clear images. Transferring images onto the computer is quick and easy to do, with the Kodak Easyshare Software providing hours of fun with its various editing tools.

The menus are very easy to navigate, with the camera's simplicity and neatly placed and labelled buttons meaning beginners won't be daunted when the first pick it up.

Having the video recording function is a nice extra however the lack of an inbuilt microphone means that the videos aren't accompanied by audio.

As you would expect the battery life is not great (if you are going to be taking lots of pictures/videos everyday then expect to run through 2 AA batteries every two days) though this can be helped by using rechargable batteries. Also the camera itself has very limited memory but purchasing an appropriate SD card can get around that problem.

These minor problems aside, this is still a great starting-out camera and I would highly recommend to those wanting to take a few pictures every now and again.
on 21 February 2010
Well what a fabulous camera. I bought this in my first year of University (2005) for around £60 as I didn't have a camera and wanted lots of memories from Uni. At first it ate batteries until I found which ones were best to use, and that was rechargable ones. The screen is also quite small but still shows the photos you have taken. The software that comes with the camera is really good, you can edit, brighten, get rid of red eye, etc.

Even when the shutter button got slightly broken it still worked, it just required a small touch on the button to take a photo rather than a press - which only meant it took more photos than it needed at times!!

Camera holds about 15-20 photos before a memory card is needed.

Great for someone who is not too fussy about the quality (only 3 megapixels) but likes to take photos. Simple to use.
on 6 January 2006
For me, Kodak 'was' a name in the 80's though I was still a Child, I still recognised the good name Kodak had the joy they brought to households. Through the late 90's and early 2000's just about any Camera was 'in' so long as it was Digital, but now. I bought a Camera very similar to the 'Kodak Easyshare C300 Digital' only to find after a while, it was useless even for a beginner, it was more like a toy, yet, similar as it was to my new Camera, it was not a Kodak. I love this little Camera. The Software is no where near as good as my expensive software, but fantastic nonetheless. The Camera I mentioned before, same Mega Pix, but poor colour quality and so on and it was near twice the price. This new Kodak is all I can afford right now, but I will certainly upgrade, and it will be an other Kodak.
on 14 April 2013
it wont read 2 of my sd cards and the only other 1 i have it tells me to format it, I click ok, It tells me what formatting is, I click ok and then it asks me to format it! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
on 14 February 2013
Pleased to receive a replacement camera - to replace my damaged one. Lucky to get one as they are now obsolete!!
on 22 October 2010
i was glad to get this e mail as i was unsure what to do. i bought a new memory card from boots tried to install it but memory full was all i could get,returned to the boots camera dept where a very helpfull assistant got the same result she installed a new card but the result was the same we both came to the same answer the camera is faulty a huge dissapointment as i bought it to record a special family event .what do i do now?