on 17 June 2015
Not a bad little printer for the money. The wi-fi feature is handy and the only issue would be that the colour quality isn't as true as I'd like it to be. That may not be an issue for other users and all other features are efficient if not mind blowing.
on 13 December 2010
I guess I would be classed as a "typical average user". Not techie, but willing to move along with proven technology. My old "home office" printer was slowly becoming unreliable and after 7 years it was time for a change. I wanted wireless, compact, cheap to run, easy to set up and use, inexpensive to purchase, copy/scan and a good quality print for the occasional letters. Researched a number of options personally and via WHICH magazine and also spoke to a number of friends before deciding on this model.
Ordered it late afternoon approaching Christmas so was delighted when it arrived the following morning! Opened the box to find everything there so followed the quick installation guide with the "set up wizard" and I was up and running on my home wireless network within the hour. Easy. Its everything it said it was - and I have now been using it a week and its great. I think its probably going to be one of purchases we make and speak little of as its been stress free and now justs sits there giving no trouble. I will be reminded just how good it is when I need to change the cartridges, at least £15 less than the last printer I had.All in all - delighted.... hope it lasts!!
on 15 February 2011
This machine produces excellent quality photos even using the basic Kodak photo paper. It works quite well with other photo papers as well, (I used Verbatim paper) The main difference being a slightly flatter, less vivid image. There is some very useful picture tweaking software that comes with it. I found this very handy when scanning some very old pictures with a view to archiving them before they faded into oblivion. The image sharpening facility works very well with old pics.
Plenty of copy layout adjustments etc if you need them. The duplexer helps save on paper and the printed copy is excellent.
Its pretty good even in draft. In the interest of ink economy I would recommend leaving the printer switched on permanently, otherwise every time its turned on it goes through a head cleaning cycle which uses ink, Kodak recommend this. Leaving it on for a year costs about £7.50, where as this cost will be more than recuperated several times in ink savings over the same period. The machine goes into a power save mode automatically after an hour or so, and starts up when needed automatically.
Tech back up is good if needed, You can speak to a person on the phone if needed and no long Q. I am very impressed with everything about this machine so far, I hope it keeps it up!
on 1 July 2011
I am not really impressed with this printer. The main reason I purchased it was because of the claims it made about being cheaper on cartridges. Whereas, it is definately cheaper to buy the cartridges, I have to buy twice as many because they run out so quickly! Obviously this means I am saving very little, if anything on ink.
Another issue is the quality of printing. Standard letters are fine, but anything with colour appears very dull. Photos are very poor quality, and no good for anything really.
After reading the other reviews I am consdiering contacting Kodak as maybe I have a faulty machine, but personally I am not overly impressed on all fronts.
on 11 March 2011
I do not normally leave reviews, but i make an exception here ! I had an epson printer which was a nightmare to connect wireless, after getting a new router aswell, came to the conclusion epson had to go !! after reading alot of positive reviews, I had bought the kodak esp 7250, although the printer is fairly expensive, the running costs are a whole lot cheaper, etc ink and paper, AND THE BEST BIT WAS IT WAS A PIECE OF CAKE TO CONNECT WIRELESSLY !! brilliant printer and brilliant quality. you will not be disapointed.
on 25 October 2011
I have always been an Epson fan in the past and decided on this model of Kodak after much investigation on the internet and in shops. For the short time I have had it, I would say that it as proved to be very good for all types of printing jobs and the colours in printed photos is very good depending on the photo paper used; Kodak's own produces good results.
The on-screen menu is good and provides adequate printing instructions. However, the manual provided with the printer is very basic and one really does need to read the online manual (save it to My Documents)if you wish to carry out more complex jobs with the printer. The wireless connection is easy to set up and works well my PC and laptop. Two paper trays is usefull but the main one does not hold enough for my use and of course the number of sheets in can hold will depend on the weight of the paper loaded.
On the downside, the software disc provided did not work on either my PC or laptop and so I downloaded from the Kodak web site, together with software updates. The printer is quite noisy and puts itself into standby mode too often however, my biggest complaint, which seems an easy matter for Kodak to rectify, is that because the printed sheet is ejected so fast (which is good) and carrier 'stop' is not high enough, one ends up with paper on the floor (and consequently out of numerical order). Could not Kodak have incorporated a fold-up paper stop instead of the fixed, sloping 3mm high stop?
Despite my niggles, I would recommend this printer and would also recommend the larger black cartridge.
on 4 April 2011
I have avoided inkjets in the past because of the high cartridge costs and print reliability problems. However I was tempted by the Kodak pricing and the convenience of the Wifi option. I read some negative reviews about setting up the Wifi but chose to ignore them and glad that I did because it was a doddle. Works like a dream and the cartridge replacements costs are quite reasonable. Kodak Ultra photo paper is also readily available at discount price. I Have been using the photocopier to copy colour photographs and the reproduction is virtually as good as the original.
on 21 April 2011
Bought this to replace a really old HP all in one that drank the ink and was really slow printing in comparison.

Was a bit sceptical after reading some of the reviews, but am really glad I chose it.

It was fairly easy to set up-a bit of a problem with wi-fi initially, but really happy with speed, quality of print and ease of use. Haven't used it for photos yet, but sure it will deliver.
on 4 September 2011
I perchaced this printer because they claimed it was cheaper to run and as I print a lot of photographs
I thought it would be ideal. Well I have found that it is not as cheap to run as they say, I have got three
Ink cartridges with only one colour gone. I have given up on the wifi because it only works when it feels like
It and when it does the paper tray jams. The printer is also very noisy and vibrants like a spln dryer.
The prints are good but the software is very poor and nowhere near as good as my old Cannon.
I am going to try a good ink refill if that does not work out I think I will buy
a new printer but not a Kodak.
on 12 November 2010
I was originally slightly put off by the two existing CR's, but the fact that `Which Magazine' had given this as their best buy did persuaded me to purchase this item.
The delivery time was excellent, a day earlier than estimated and it was easy to set up with a simple to follow pictorial guide.
The only slight issue was with the firmware installation from the CD which froze right at the beginning of the install, however by leaving this in place I managed to download and install from Kodak's web site before canceling the CD. This seemed to work except for the AIO Home Centre which did not fully operate until I installed the latest software upgrade. Installed on PC running XP via USB.
So upon reflection, although I have given it the title of four and a half it probably only deserves its' four star rating.
I am really impressed with the photo quality.

See one answered question