Knog Blinder 4 V Rear 4 LED
|Price:||£27.98 FREE UK delivery.|
|You Save:||£7.01 (20%)|
- Inbuilt USB recharge system
- Waterproof to 3 meters
- Anodized aluminum face
- Silicone strap with tool less camber attachment for 22-325mm bar/post
- 44 lumen
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Knog Blinder 4V Rear Bike Light
The Knog Blinder range of lights represent seven years of hard work that Knog Lights have put in, riding the global nights in every city, on every continents and in every type of weather conditions. The result is a deceptively simple light that packs a heavy technical punch.The Knog Blinder 4V has four super bright LEDs that pump out upto 44-Lumens of light. Its optimized optics focus and directs a smooth beam pattern that makes the Blinder visible over 800 meters. With five different modes (Steady, Fast Flash, Organic Flash, Slow Organic Flash, Fast Eco flash) and a burn time of up to 3-hours in constant beam and up to 50-hours in eco-flash mode, they will keep you well seen.
Launched in March 2003 by Hugo Davidson and Malcolm McKechnie, ‘KNOG’ is a unique global cycling accessories brand, based in Australia currently selling ‘KNOG’ products to over 46 different countries. What makes ‘KNOG’ unique is a team of creative designers and engineers who refuse to conform to anyone or anything and are brought together by their passion to break the mould, challenge the status quo, and revolutionise the way we think about lights and locks. This combined passion and energy drives ‘KNOG’ to consistently deliver fresh and innovative products that enable riders, walkers and urban adventurers around the world to discover their own sense of freedom, have fun, and live in the moment.Through their products, ‘KNOG’ stress that design makes up only about 10-20% of what it is to run a successful brand. The other 80-90% are equally important: marketing/sales, logistics, shipping, public relations, advertising, point of sale, quality assurance and consumer service.
- LEDs: Efficient LEDs designed to provide maximum brightness level for up to 90% of the battery burn time for each mode. Rather than LED brightness deteriorating during your ride.
- Lens: Use of an optic design to provide a balanced ratio of beam width and distance to safely illuminate you and the path ahead.
- Visibility: Light is visible at over 800 metres
- Light Modes: 5 light modes: 1.Steady, 2.Fast Flash, 3.Organic Flash Slow, 4.Organic Flash Fast, 5. Eco-flash.
- Burn Time: Blinder 4V lasts upto 3 hours in steady mode, 4 - 5 hours in modes 2 and 3, 15 hours in mode 4 and up to 50 hours in mode 5
- Battery: Rechargeable Lithium polymer battery via integrated USB plug
- Integrated USB Plug: Designed to be exposed to the elements, the plug is also waterproof and will not be damaged by exposure.
- Button: New longer button push on (0.75sec) prevents accidental activation of your light. Short presses switch modes continuously. Similarly, the light is switched off with a long button push off (0.5sec).
- Storage Mode: Storage mode provides the best longevity for your Blinder light. Repeat this procedure every 3 months thereafter if the light isn't being used.1. Charge the light for a full charge cycle. (indicator glows green when charged).2. Remove light from USB charging device / port.3. Turn light on in any mode.4. Hold button down for more than 5 seconds, at which point the indicator LED will turn red.5. The light itself will remain on until the Blinder switches itself off and into storage mode.
- Bike Attachment: Tool-less attachment for handlebars/rear-posts and frames of 22-32mm ø. Not suitable for aero post design
- 100% Waterproof: The Blinder 4V is IP66 Tested and 100%waterproof against all elements
- Testing: The Blinder 4V has been tested against the following; Drop tests, corrosion tests, UV tests, Electrical shock and static, vibration and impact, temperature and humidity, cycle testing and CE certification
1 X Light
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Nice bright light - virtually unusable.
Once had both this and the quad version on, they both snapped and fell off while riding home in the dark and rain (OMG), I had no idea I was in danger all the while. Got this same one as replacement, rubber started to split in 2 weeks : (
Q. My Blinder will not turn on. What do I do?
A. The Blinder is driven by firmware. Like any device, occasionally this firmware can crash. To rectify the situation and get your Blinder operating as normal the firmware needs to `restart'. To restart the firmware simply insert the Blinder into a USB port for at least 1 minute and remove. (Note: in rare instances you may need to do this a couple of times)"
So it sounds like all Knog Blinders may suffer have the same problem. Only problem is, inserting the Blinder into a USB port is not "simple" when you're miles from anywhere, in the dark. It's bordering on criminal that Knog would knowingly release a product with such a serious defect.
I have rated the product three stars in spite of the above because it's actually a great light when it's working. Such a shame you can't trust it and have to carry a backup.
1.... looks cool ,ultra compact and sturdy
2....very bright u will be seen
3.... lots of different flash modes
4... usb rechargeable .yes no more batteries
1 doesnt last me very long .always seems to die on me
2 the rubber grip might snap over time
3 it is a little overpriced
In pulsating mode, a single charge initially lasted for two and a half to three hours. However, the runtime notably decreased after using the light for a year, especially at lower temperatures.
The battery indicator is useful but doesn't give much notice before the charge runs out. Charging the light using a USB slot is straight forward.
The silicon strap makes it easy to fit and remove the light. But it is also is a weak point as it starts to tear over time and can't be replaced as far as I'm aware.
The light's biggest drawback though is that it randomly develops a fault that manifests itself by the inability to switch it on despite being charged. As I understand, this is a problem with the processor. The solution is to insert the light for a short while into a USB slot to regain functionality. This is fine if you're near a PC but not much help when out and about.
This fault doesn't appear to be an isolated issue. I received two replacement lights; both units showed the same fault (I have also experienced the same problem, although less frequently, with a Knog Blinder 4 LED Front Light).
Now had a year and strap is still ok , have fitted to a aero post as well .
Build quality seems pretty good and the gold looks great.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What this light does: a) blind people, b) start spontaneous raves as you ride along the streets, and c) let the guys on the International Space Station know where you're at. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Jim
Initially I was very pleased with the item as it is very bright and weather proof ,previous lights have never survived my winter daily commute which is why I chose this... Read morePublished 9 months ago by a bracken
The light is absolutely fantastic.....you can be seen for miles.... However the rubber binding lets it down big time! Keep your receipt! Read morePublished 10 months ago by Loulou