Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 December 2009
I bought this book last month and have so far made 3 mice, the penguin and the pig. They are really easy to make - I am quite new to knitting - but help you develop your confidence quickly as once you've mastered a couple of basic stitches you can pretty much make any of the projects. The instructions are very clear and all the patterns I have done so far work. It is written in a friendly style, for example she says, "Don't worry if the gauge is not exact - it doesn't matter if the bunnies are a little larger or smaller than shown." There are helpful ratings for each project and also suggestions for wool. There is a chapter devoted to techniques and templates at the back. The photography is beautiful and it really makes you want to pick up your needles and start. I love the way she combines lovely supersoft yarns with liberty print fabrics for the ears and feet. This is a very creative book and it is that lovely style of vintage with a contemporary twist.
on 12 February 2010
This book is so sweet! The patterns are really clear and easy to do. It has a nice range of difficulty too so if you're a beginner or an expert, there's always something for you to do. I've made a baby bunny so far which was suprisingly quick to do even though I'm not a fast knitter. Beautifully presented throughout with funky patterns to last for years! It also has instructions on how to knit if you are a complete knitting virgin! Because some of the patterns require using double pointed or round needles, it teaches how to use them too and a whole lot more great information. I'd recommend this book for any modern knitter out there!
on 12 October 2009
I love knitting and I love toys and I bought this book at the weekend and it is just wonderful. The toys are just so cute and full of character but, although I haven't stitched anything yet, the instructions look really clear and easy to follow and there are some really easy projects too - like the nicest little mice - which anyone could try. Great Book.
on 21 April 2010
This is a lovely book. You can use up bits of yarn left from other projects too which is always good. There are lots of varied projects and the little rhymes that go with each project are sweet too. This would make a lovely gift for a someone new to knitting or experienced.
on 27 January 2010
This book was a real find. The patterns are clear and very do-able. A lot of experience not necessary as there are good instructions to follow. The illustrations are lovely.
on 7 April 2011
A lovely book with gorgeous cuddly toys to make. I am a beginer knitter and found to patterns and various stitches easy to follow. So far I've made the easy animals (rabbit,mouse) and am about to begin the elephant each one I make I then end up making several as nieces and nephews all want one!!
on 10 December 2012
I borrowed my partners daughters book to knit the 3 pigs for our granddaughter. Really easy to follow ( some toy books have really complicated instructions and I've bene knitting ofr years). There are other projects in this book, so I shall get good use out of it. I look my partners daughters copy on holiday with me and found I was marking bits in pen and then tore a page, so gave the new copy to her and kept the original for myself, but as I said it's not wasted money. There's some sweet birds for a mobile and a cute elephant amongst the patterns.
on 11 October 2015
This is the second copy I have bought of this lovely book. I have knitted most of the patterns...some more than once .... and found them clear and easy to follow. The characters are all absolutely charming! Would highly recommend it.
on 2 August 2010
This is a great book - such lovely ideas - I can not wait to get my knitting needles out!!! Some of the patterns look great for beginners and some are a little tricky (might have to get mum round to help. There is a section at the back with instructions and help with the various stitches.
on 28 August 2012
I love this book. I have it on my Kindle which is really convenient as I don't have to cart the book around with me all the time. Having said that, my Kindle is only in black and white so I cannot see the toys in all their splendour. I think the actual book may be better really and more tactile. The instructions are very clear and the toys are so lovely. I have knitted Polly Dolly and she is so sweet. I plan to knit more of the patterns in this book as they are not difficult, even the ones the author says are more advanced. Some patterns have intarsia but I see no reason why anyone who finds this difficult or simply does not want to do that can't simply work in stocking stitch. An excellent book with simple but charming toys along with little stories about them which I shall use again and again for my grandchildren.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse