Customer reviews

Knitted Gifts: Irresistible Projects to Make and Give
Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 January 2010
I bought this book because I wanted to knit my sister some mittens for Christmas. Once I actually got it though I struggled to choose what to knit because there were so many lovely ideas! I chose a hat which was so much fun to knit and give. My sister loved it and didn't take it off for several days :) I was slightly thrown by the fact that it was American but found it really easy to find information about converting US yarn types to UK yarns so don't let it put you off. There are some great projects in the book and I can't wait to get started on the next one.
on 30 December 2009
I wasn't sure about getting this book; I've bought some books of similar titles and promises and been very disappointed.

Thankfully I was very surprised; this book is wonderful with great patterns. I love the mitten/bags and hat patterns. It is very well presented and well worth a look at. Would suit most knitters abilities, it is American so you will have to substitute yarns but its worth it.
on 21 December 2010
This book contains 37 items to knit, from felted oven gloves to scarves. Some are a little odd, like the cup warmer/holder, hobby horse and felted napkin rings.

As with all knitting pattern books, there are some patterns that I like and some that other people would like. Most of the patterns look fairly quick to knit, many being on large needles. Many items would be good for using up extra odd balls of wool. It would also be a good book to buy if you wanted to try a few new techniques on a small scale.

I've knitted the two sock patterns and they were successful, and am now knitting the blanket. The good thing about books like this is that they aren't that heavy so you can carry them about, but they don't suffer like a paper pattern. I don't like carrying hard backed books because they seem too precious and the corners get wrecked, whereas a paperback seems more resilient.

It is a book that you could give to a learner or an experienced knitter, because of the range of complexities of the patterns and many of the items are things that could be knitted with spare balls.Stitch 'n Bitch Handbook: Instructions, Patterns, and Advice for a New Generation of Knitters
on 6 February 2011
The projects in this book are beautifully presented, and are certainly varied. There are quick-to-knit options through to more challenging colourwork & cable patterns, the book has not dissappointed me. A well presented & enjoyable book with a lot of pattern resources that I am sure I will return to on many occasions, I may even have to find the time to attempt the hobby horse as it is crying out to be made! Don't be put off by the fact that it is an American book, Ravelry has a good yarn converter & you can always try to source over the internet. Lovely book, happy with my purchase.
on 8 May 2016
Nice book but not irrestible
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse