Klastor NEW Blue Rugged Boys Kids Android 4.1 Tablet PC 8gb WiFi - ideal christmas or birthday gift with Kid Market and parental Controls - Google Play store can be password protected (Dark Blue)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Android 4.1 Operating System
- Google Play Store can be restricted due to age of user
- Dedicated Kid Market available as well as google play store
- Rugged, non slip construction specially designed with kids in mind
- Cool, attractive styling makes an ideal xmas or birthday gift
Kids have been screaming out for tablets of their own since the ipad first hit the streets! Now, at last, we have the very thing - designed especially for children, the rugged, non-slip, exterior hides a very capable android tablet PC with Android 4.1 beating at it's heart. So, now, when they want to play Candy Crush on Dad's ipad or Mum's smartphone, you know what to do!
Not only has this tablet got all of the features of a standard android tablet, it combines those with a dedicated kids desktop and "Kid market" so that, should you wish, your children can be shielded from much of the content considered too old for them and, of course, they will love having their own dedicated apps / game centre - just like mum and dad. Simply enter their names and their date of birth and let the tablet do the rest.
With simple settings to operate the tablet, mum and dad can input how many hours per day the child is allowed to use the tablet, how much use at one sitting and how long the rest period between sittings must be - a truly well-thought-out android tablet.
CPU : Rockchip RK2928 1.0 GHz
Graphics Processor : Mali Multi Core
Touchscreen : 5 point multi touch capacitive resolution 1024 x 600
Operating System : Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Memory : 512mb DDR III / 8gb NAND Flash - upgradeable by Micro SD memory card (max 32GB)
WiFi : 802.11 b/g/n
Connectivity : 1 x Micro SD slot, 1 x AC Jack, 1 x 3.5mm Earphone Jack, 1 x Micro USB
Camera : 0.3mp Front facing PLUS 2.0mp rear facing
Android Market / Google Play Store : YES
G Sensor : YES
Dimensions : 198 x 126 x 11.0mm
Weight : 288g
Top Customer Reviews
- Functionality for price is hard to beat. This is a fully functioning tablet.
- Video playback is great. BBC iPlayer works very well (don't forget to put the appropriate age-related restrictions on there).
- Onboard sound is adequate, but with headphones much better. Also the volume doesn't get too loud - which is good for those young and delicate ears!
- The "Kid Desktop" is a great feature. You can completely ring-fence the applications available to your child. To exit this mode, you enter either a pin or answer a basic maths question.
This is configurable. Depending on how smart your kid is, the maths questions may be too simple for some children and easily bypassed. (eg What is 7*5?) If this is the case,
use the pin option instead. You can also limit the amount of playtime - a very good feature. Different profiles can be setup if the device will be shared by more than one child.
- It's colorful. I got the green one, and customized the wallpaper with a Ben 10 Omnitrix background. It now looks like a cool gadget that Ben 10 might have. I know my son is gonna love it!
- Memory is expandable with extra SD cards. (Wake up Apple!)
- Accelerometer works well for the games that require it and the device quickly determines which way up you are holding it.
- Swipe and gesture detection is good and smooth.
- Battery life seems reasonable.Read more ›
So, we bought this one based on most of the great reviews on here and the following points;
#1 It's pink and more child-like
#2 It's Android meaning WAY more apps and games compared to BlackBerry
#3 It's pretty cheap when you look at others
But as the saying goes "You get what you pay for.."
I feel slightly robbed of £60 as I don't feel this price is accurate for what I received.
- The negatives are;
- The casing (feels nice and slick but too many sharp bits and ultimately not a friendly finish overall, needs sanding),
- The buttons are "Click" literally making a plastic-y loud snappy click, the volume keys are the wrong way round (the left one turns volume up and the right one turns volume down, guess the Chinese do things differently),
- I would call the software "Clunky" but Android isn't, so I'm gonna put it down to the nasty hardware being used, it's painfully slow, even for my daughter who notices the difference between swiftly swiping around on the PlayBook and repeatedly attempting to touch the screen on this thing, everything is slow, don't bother with the games from the app store, you'll open them and most will run like you have just loaded Crysis on a netbook.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bad quality, broke after 2 uses, little one was so upset, there are much better budget tablets out therePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Great item. Great for a child as very hard to break. My son dropped it so many times and still works fine. I would definitely recommend it.Published 5 months ago by Mags
Excellent tablet for kids.... My little girl loves this.... unfortately it hit the floor and the screen smashed a few months after purchase..... Read morePublished 6 months ago by C. M. Gordon
Never worked right, very disappointing. Would never buy item like this online again.Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
Very slow and doesn't hold the charge. But I guess you get what you pay forPublished 7 months ago by Gilamalink