on 26 October 2011
I bought this beater when it first came out, and now having used it on many, many occasions, I have to say, I never have had to scrape the bowl down, I have used it on the steel bowl and the glass bowl, it works perfectly on both. It also really gets to the dead spot at the base of both bowls. I only needed to adjust it to the bowls a little bit when I first used it with them. I have not used the original beater since. A great invention.
on 8 March 2013
I bought this for my mother and was shocked at the plastic rubbish that was sent to her for her birthday-
I have a genuine kitchenaid flex edge and love it!
She was sent a photocopy of the KitchenAid paperwork and a truly shocking product.
It does fit into the mixer, but is worth about 99 pence and does not mix anything-
We have returned it and would not recommend anybody else buying from this supplier!
on 30 April 2013
This item is made of plastic and is not kitchen aid. The instruction manual is a photocopy. Do not buy this item!! If i could give it no stars I would.
on 31 January 2012
This is so much better than the original beater. It incorporates all the ingredients without having
to keep scraping round the bowl. Should come as standard.
on 8 November 2013
I've just bought a new KitchenAid and couldn't wait to get one of these new beaters, it sounded like the best thing since sliced bread for someone who makes cakes regularly. It was such a disappointment I had to write a review because I'm sorry to say this is a big waste of money. As another reviewer mentioned, it simply scrapes the mixture up the sides of the bowl, collects along the spatula edge and leaves a 'frill' of mixture along the top. It actually creates more work than the normal beater because you not only have to keep scraping the bowl, you have to scrape the nooks and crannies of the beater too. The beater the KitchenAid comes with does a perfectly adequate job, I wish I hadn't been tempted to splash out on this.
on 5 March 2016
I'm not sure I even ordered this, I just stared at the eyes of Paul Hollywood on the front of his book for too long and discovered it arriving at my door.
This does indeed eliminate the need to scrape around the bowl of the kitchenaid. It's great until you remember how much you paid for your kitchenaid and wonder why on earth they don't provide this as standard. Then you realise how much more you've just spent and discover that you too have fallen victim to an obvious sales ploy. Eating cake makes you feel better about it though, so it's something of a cake-swirled first-world self-mending problem-ending.
Don't look at his eyes.
on 10 February 2013
Bought to use with my "Grundig" stand mixer and I must say it works really well, the sides are not perfectly clean but you don't need to keep stopping the machine to scrape down as you do with the ordinary beater blade.
on 6 December 2011
A very useful addition to the KitchenAid Artisan.
The standard beater bis fine for most work but the Flex Edge works really well when you have a mix that needs to be eased away from the bowl a little more cleanly. Another great product from KitchenAid.
on 8 September 2011
Solid and well constructed, but it doesn't match the profile of the bowl precisely so it leaves thick smears depending on how heavy the batter is. The silicone rubs against the bowl but doesn't wipe it clean. Can be improved by lowering the head of the tilt mixer but doesn't remove the need for a scrape down. DOES however very effectively eliminate the "dead spot" at the base of the bowl which the standard K-beater leaves.
on 8 June 2016
This appears to be a genuine KitchenAid product with packaging, and instructions and was despatched quickly by Smith & Co. It's white powder coated metal with a rubber flex edge along one of the sides of the beater which is very effective scraping the sides and the base of the bowl unlike the beater that comes with the KitchenAid. I know you can get the same flex edge beater in the US for around $12-$15 but some UK retailers are selling them for £29.99, so Amazon's supplier Smith & Co seems to be the best deal for UK customers. I've used it for making Swiss meringue buttercream, Victoria sponges and cupcakes which are all fairly light batters so I haven't tested it with a firmer mixture, but I've no complaints so far. I'd definitely recommend it.