The KitchenAid Artisan mixer (choose your favourite colour!) is fast becoming a baking icon. Look at any cookery programme hosted by a top chef and the chances are that a KitchenAid will be sitting in the background.
It may only have 300w power but years of experience with a 2007 model show it can cope with anything thrown at it. We bought the glass mixing bowl ( very useful to see what is going on) and a couple of other accessories that frankly have eye watering prices but they are worth it.
Performance has been excellent with absolutely no issues. Suffice to say that the cookery schools that my wife has attended have also used KitchenAids and a professional baker that I know also has this in his kitchen. We had no hesitation in buying a second for family use.
Expensive but worth every penny. Others may imitate but the original is still the best
on 2 October 2013
I was turning around for years..... and finally a birthday arrive and my wife buy it for me, yes I am man which like to cook.
I am using it for 2 months now and I cannot find any complains... and god knows I am difficult.
Pros :
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Powerful to do any bread\pizza dough so far.
- Look great in the kitchen.
- product will last

Con :
- Expensive
- Might become addict to good food
- become addict to buy accessories
on 11 November 2004
This mixer was bought as a birthday present for my wonderful long term Girlfriend.
Well if there had ever been something I did well then it was buying her this. Now I'm not talking about the amount of sheer joy it brought to her when she opened it (despite it being a different colour from the one I ordered) No I'm talking about the machine itself. It is truly a fantastic piece of engineering. Everything about is solid and precise the way it mixes is unique and it is so simple to use. There is definitely a reason as to why all the top chefs on the cookery programs use such a machine. It does the job magnificently. Not only that it looks good to boot.
All in all our (I like to call it that now) Kitchen Aid Artisan Mixer now has pride and place in our kitchen and we wouldn't change it for the world.
A great, and WELL worth the money, piece of kitchen excellence.
on 13 May 2004
I bought the Kitchenaid Food Mixer (Red!) about a month ago. Since then I have used it many times. I have had an interest in baking and cooking for about 25 years and it is the best mixer I have ever experienced using. Although pricey it is definitely well worth the money. Very easy to use and to clean. I have used it for sweet and savoury dishes. Brilliant for making pastry, meringue, cake mixes etc ~ basically everything! The large bowl is great when doubling and trebling amounts. I would recommend it without hesitation.
0Comment| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I have always wanted one of these since my old 1960's Kenwood Chef broke which I had inherited from my Nan. The new Kenwood seemed very poorly made and I was introduced to the Kitchenaid machine by a lady in our local kitchen shop and it was love at first sight!! It has taken me a while to save but I now have one and I am totally thrilled!

The first thing you notice is the stunning retro looks and the shiny casing. The hardest decision to make is which colour to buy, thats a very personal thing as these mixers will probably last a lifetime. When you pick the Kitchenaid up you will be surprised at the sheer weight of the appliance, and the quality of the workmanship. Even the tools and bowl are as solid as can be.

The smooth speed switch is so simple to use and as the direct drive motor is at the top of the machine, it only uses part of the power needed by other machines which have their motor low down on the stand.

The only down side is that you are unable to use this up against a wall as you have the speed selector on one side and the release tilting catch on the other side, but this isnt an issue for me even though my kitchen is very small.

I agree with some other comments about the price of these machines in the UK being very high compared to America, where they are about a third of the price. Even so I am very pleased with mine and recommend this machine over the current Kenwood Chef anyday.
22 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Seems from the other reviews, all being 5 star or 1 star that you either love this item or hate it. We are in the former band, having bought this machine after our Kenwood Chef (a wedding present 28 years ago) gave up the ghost and burnt out.

Why do I rate this kitchen aid? Well I love the colour - thats not a reason to buy it though is it! Its easy to use and far easier to use the our old Kenwood Chef; it mixes the mixture far quicker then the Kenwood, mixes both small and large quantities with ease. We use it every day and it has replaced our old Bread maker - easier to use to make bread and the bread tastes far better. You can use it to make excellent cheesie mash fast and all in all wish we had bought one years ago!!!!

ps, Buy the grating accessory - ot really is worth the money and after you use it you will never and I mean never want to hand grate cheese again!
33 Comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 April 2017
I've wanted one for so long and it does not disappoint
on 14 October 2013
This is a really well built and powerful mixer which has done a great job over the last six or seven years since we got it. It gets used for loads of things like sour dough and other bread, fancy salads, whipping cream etc etc, and it always makes a good job
VINE VOICEon 25 January 2005
I didn't know I could get so excited about a food mixer! The Kitchenaid Artisan is as solid as they come, does exactly what it should do very well and it looks ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS in the kitchen!
Okay, so it's a bit pricey. I think in this case though you are paying for a top quality product that will last many years and looks the business. On that basis, I'd say it offers good value-for-money.
Also note that if you send off the guarantee card, they will send you a recipe book.
11 Comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 December 2008
I cant remember a time when I didn't want one of these. I probably first wanted one for they way they look, so old fashioned yet so timeless!
It is all you need to make so many lovely things. If you like Nigella this is a must, I have the limited edition Nigella Lavender coloured Mixer and I would not swap it for the world. I have been told by a friend that I am to leave it to her in my will, but until then she'll just enjoy the delicious things I make with it.
The free recipe book you get when you send of the warranty card is better than you could expect from a freebie and a good way to start of using it but once you build up confidence with it you'll wonder what you did before you had it. Sundays and now called Bakedays in my house. I just now need to persuade someone to buy me the blender I want and of course it has to be KITCHENAID!!!!!!!